Was just thinking about this. The Google search bar is as static as the nav buttons. Unless using a third party launcher of course. And it is further up on the screen so it would be more noticeable. So why are all of the burn-in or IR reports just for the nav buttons? Haven't seen any mention of burn-in or IR above the nav buttons.
    10-25-2017 02:25 AM
    Good point. I haven't seen anyone bring forth any different evidence of burn in--just the navbar. It's also a little odd that the culprit navbar style they show in their videos is black with white nav buttons. How can a black bar cause burn-in if that area is supposed to be defined by shutting off pixels rather than lighting them up?
    10-25-2017 05:37 AM
    Maybe contrast? The search bar is see through to a degree. My nav bar constantly changes color and I would assume that would prevent burn in.
    10-25-2017 06:48 AM
    Maybe contrast? The search bar is see through to a degree. My nav bar constantly changes color and I would assume that would prevent burn in.
    I dunno. It just seems counter-intuitive to claim that a black image is causing something called "burn-in." Or even image retention, for that matter. Unless those pixels are not shutting off but are doing something else to produce black.
    10-25-2017 07:19 AM
    I dunno. It just seems counter-intuitive to claim that a black image is causing something called "burn-in." Or even image retention, for that matter. Unless those pixels are not shutting off but are doing something else to produce black.
    Actually * I can't tell if it's the nav bar section of the screen turned off? I've been locking/unlocking the phone a few times and it looks really close.
    10-25-2017 08:05 AM
    Was just thinking about this. The Google search bar is as static as the nav buttons. Unless using a third party launcher of course. And it is further up on the screen so it would be more noticeable. So why are all of the burn-in or IR reports just for the nav buttons? Haven't seen any mention of burn-in or IR above the nav buttons.
    The nav bar is always there. Across all apps and interfaces. The search bar is only there for short periods. Burn in is caused when the same pixels are illuminated for extreme amounts of time. The nav bar is present almost always.
    GTvert90 likes this.
    10-25-2017 08:12 AM
    Why no BI/IR in the notification bar so far from the examples?

10-25-2017 11:49 AM
    Why no BI/IR in the notification bar so far from the examples?

The notification bar isn't as static as the navbar. Signals rise up and down, the clock changes, etc. The only thing that's absolutely static on the notification bar is the colon on the clock. Plus it's also not present in all apps.

That said, AFAIK it hasn't been absolutely proven that what's happening is burn in.
    Wiley_11 likes this.
    10-25-2017 11:57 AM
    The notification bar isn't as static as the navbar. Signals rise up and down, the clock changes, etc. The only thing that's absolutely static on the notification bar is the colon on the clock. Plus it's also not present in all apps.

That said, AFAIK it hasn't been absolutely proven that what's happening is burn in.
    I'm guessing running a white image on the "burnt" screen for 5 mins will "fix" it. Anyone that owned a plasma screen knows this trick. It was actually a feature of most.
    10-25-2017 12:12 PM
    I'm guessing running a white image on the "burnt" screen for 5 mins will "fix" it. Anyone that owned a plasma screen knows this trick. It was actually a feature of most.
    Wonder why Alex didn't include/try this in his bombshell report?
    10-25-2017 12:22 PM
    Because then he wouldn't get all the clicks he is getting by riding this horse into the ground. Honestly good open and fair reporting is respectful even if it is negative, if it's honest it's respectful.

What Alex and other AC staff are doing creating half baked, rehashed click bait, IMHO is shamefull and I've lost a lot of respect for several writers of this site.
    10-25-2017 12:25 PM
    Wonder why Alex didn't include/try this in his bombshell report?
    Maybe because that isn't really a solution? Running a bright white screen will just burn-in the rest of your screen until everything evens out. In the long run, it's a damaging band-aid.
    Wiley_11 and marcb11 like this.
    10-25-2017 12:37 PM
    Why can't the static on screen images be made to move? Just one pixel would be enough,No? Imperceptable to the user. Doesn't the AOD do this?
    10-25-2017 01:46 PM