New app to set Display to Wide Color Gamut coming to Play Store from AP Writer

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
So one of the writers over at AP is developing an app called Oreo Colorizer , which will allow you to force your device to display in wide color gamut, without root. This is awesome IMO.

It's not out just yet, but I have a feeling I'll be downloading it the moment it gets to the Play Store (assuming my 2 XL arrives today).

Here’s the details (at the end of the article): http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/10/25/oreos-color-profiles-work-pixel-2-2-xl/

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Well my 2 XL just arrived. I'll definitely be using the app once its in the Play store. Just setting stuff up, but so far , great

henderjr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I found the app on one of the apk mirror sites. Just did a google search for it but now that same hit isn't showing up on a search.

Colors pop again! Though it's not perfect. Sometimes you'll notice a bit of lag when scrolling recent apps or see the colors slightly shift when the app redraws. I too prefer the more vibrant colors

anon(6267988)

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I found the app on one of the apk mirror sites. Just did a google search for it but now that same hit isn't showing up on a search.

Colors pop again! Though it's not perfect. Sometimes you'll notice a bit of lag when scrolling recent apps or see the colors slightly shift when the app redraws. I too prefer the more vibrant colors

Oreo Colorizer in apkmirror. Reds definitely pop more now!

madcrabs

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just checked it out. Made the reds look a little better I think. Unless that's a placebo. Yellows and pretty much everything else still looked dull.

henderjr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've been playing Pokemon Go since inception and a silly game called Bike Race for 5+ years. Oreo Colorizer makes those games look like I'm used to. Cartoonish, yes, but it's how I like those games to look. Looking forward to root and kernels with color options!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance