Hey, All,

All Of the sudden, on my pixel 2 XL and a friend's pixel 1, we are getting full screen ads for Google play music and google prime (or something like that with a green icon)

They appear when opening regular apps like amazon, or YouTube. Neither of us have installed any new apps recently.

I just wasn't sure if it was a new rogue-ad campaign by Google or something like that.

I have never seen such obtrusive ads on any Android device before.

Thanks!
    10-26-2017 08:47 AM
    Hey, All,

All Of the sudden, on my pixel 2 XL and a friend's pixel 1, we are getting full screen ads for Google play music and google prime (or something like that with a green icon)

They appear when opening regular apps like amazon, or YouTube. Neither of us have installed any new apps recently.

I just wasn't sure if it was a new rogue-ad campaign by Google or something like that.

I have never seen such obtrusive ads on any Android device before.

Thanks!
    I think it's probably an app, not Google, doing this. Not sure where you bought your phone, but I got my from Verizon and the go90 app was the one causing it. I uninstalled it and that took care of it.
    10-26-2017 09:14 AM
    sounds like you installed something that's causing that. It's not normal.
    10-26-2017 09:16 AM
    No I haven't seen this ever and no it's not Google doing that. They are not Verizon, AT&T, TMobile or Sprint who can think of doing these kind of crappy things on their branded phones. Most likely a app or some website your visited and probably something got downloaded that's doing this. If you aren't able to find what's causing this, I would say immediately factory reset since you never know what else it may be doing.
    10-26-2017 09:51 AM
    Mine's not doing that. Hmm
    10-26-2017 11:48 AM
    Would you be able to screenshot what you're talking about? I haven't seen these on any of my phones.
    10-26-2017 11:51 AM
    No I haven't seen this ever and no it's not Google doing that. They are not Verizon, AT&T, TMobile or Sprint who can think of doing these kind of crappy things on their branded phones. Most likely a app or some website your visited and probably something got downloaded that's doing this. If you aren't able to find what's causing this, I would say immediately factory reset since you never know what else it may be doing.
    I really don't think immediately factory resetting is necessary. It's usually not very hard to figure it out. ES File Explorer and GoSMS are 2 apps that usually do stuff like that. Factory reset should be your final option.
    10-26-2017 12:38 PM
    I really don't think immediately factory resetting is necessary. It's usually not very hard to figure it out. ES File Explorer and GoSMS are 2 apps that usually do stuff like that. Factory reset should be your final option.
    Yeah, ES File Explorer was my favorite file manager app until they started messing with it adding totally unwanted functions that could not be disabled, ads, and so on.

I've been using FX File Explorer these days...
    holz75 likes this.
    10-26-2017 12:54 PM
    I believe it's just an ad, I see one when I open the CBS news app. I just close it and move along. I
    10-26-2017 07:41 PM