All of the sudden, full page ads on pixel devices

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey, All,

All Of the sudden, on my pixel 2 XL and a friend's pixel 1, we are getting full screen ads for Google play music and google prime (or something like that with a green icon)

They appear when opening regular apps like amazon, or YouTube. Neither of us have installed any new apps recently.

I just wasn't sure if it was a new rogue-ad campaign by Google or something like that.

I have never seen such obtrusive ads on any Android device before.

Thanks!

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Hey, All,

All Of the sudden, on my pixel 2 XL and a friend's pixel 1, we are getting full screen ads for Google play music and google prime (or something like that with a green icon)

They appear when opening regular apps like amazon, or YouTube. Neither of us have installed any new apps recently.

I just wasn't sure if it was a new rogue-ad campaign by Google or something like that.

I have never seen such obtrusive ads on any Android device before.

Thanks!

I think it's probably an app, not Google, doing this. Not sure where you bought your phone, but I got my from Verizon and the go90 app was the one causing it. I uninstalled it and that took care of it.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
No I haven't seen this ever and no it's not Google doing that. They are not Verizon, AT&T, TMobile or Sprint who can think of doing these kind of crappy things on their branded phones. Most likely a app or some website your visited and probably something got downloaded that's doing this. If you aren't able to find what's causing this, I would say immediately factory reset since you never know what else it may be doing.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Would you be able to screenshot what you're talking about? I haven't seen these on any of my phones.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
No I haven't seen this ever and no it's not Google doing that. They are not Verizon, AT&T, TMobile or Sprint who can think of doing these kind of crappy things on their branded phones. Most likely a app or some website your visited and probably something got downloaded that's doing this. If you aren't able to find what's causing this, I would say immediately factory reset since you never know what else it may be doing.

I really don't think immediately factory resetting is necessary. It's usually not very hard to figure it out. ES File Explorer and GoSMS are 2 apps that usually do stuff like that. Factory reset should be your final option.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I really don't think immediately factory resetting is necessary. It's usually not very hard to figure it out. ES File Explorer and GoSMS are 2 apps that usually do stuff like that. Factory reset should be your final option.

Yeah, ES File Explorer was my favorite file manager app until they started messing with it adding totally unwanted functions that could not be disabled, ads, and so on.

I've been using FX File Explorer these days...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12