OnTrac Google customer service nightmare

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
My OnTrac and Google customer service nightmare

Ordered the 2XL 64GB on 10/04
Supposed to be delivered on 10/23 from OnTrac. I have heard bad things about Ontrac on other forums.
I work from home everyother week and this was my week to work from home so it was perefect! i would be here when the phone was delivered.
My home office is in the front room of my house. My desk faces the front window that faces the front of my house. To get to my front door....people have to cross in front of the window and I'm 20ft away fromt he window.

So on delivery day I am excited and watching every car that passed by my street! Can't wait to get hold of my new phone!

At 11AM I get an email from Google telling me my phone was delivered and to enjoy my new devcie!
I'm like whaaaat? I am right here looking out my front window at the time. No one came by no truck....no one walked up the sidewalk to my front door. I would have seen them.
So i go outside to check.....nothing. I check the bushes...side of the house. I even walk to my neightbors on boths sides of me and check their front doors and no packages.

So i start calling OnTrac had to wait 30 minutes to get a person......they say they will look into it and contact the driver and get back to me. They never called back.
Meanwhile I am IMing with Google customer servcie and explaining the whole issue. Googgle customner support takes all my info says he looked into it and belives me and will issue a replacement phone ASAP! He (Edwin) says i will get an email shortly with tracking and order confirmation because he has ahad a order specialsit processing it while he as communicating with me. So far it has been an 90 minuutes communicating with Google customer support.

So far no communication from OnTrac or Google supoort or any kind of follow up. No emails no call backs.

Wednesday morning I start call OnTrac and Google.
OnTrac says they cannot give me anymore information. they can only talk to the shipper who is Google. i ask them if they have GPS on their trucks. She says they do but it's not very accurate. I tell her GPS would prove the driver never delivered the phone. She says she cannot tell that and refuses to say anything else.

I called Google customer service.......they are hard to get a hold of! It takes me 45 minutes to speak to someone. I was on the phone with him for another 90 minutes. He said the last person i talekd to did not open the support case but he would do it. He said now I have to wait for their shipping and claims person to get back to me in 3 to 5 business days!
I am so disappointed in Google...first for using OnTrac who has a terrible reputation. Then for their horrible customer service. They are so matter of fact and detached. They act like they could careless about me being charged for a phone that I haven't received.

I told them they have the IMEI number of the phone and to disable it so no one can activate and use it.

They assure me they will get to the bottom of it and I will get another phone. But that they will ahve to refund me then wait for it to clear then process another order which might take a couple weeks to go through their system. This after waiting for 3 weeks already for the phone in the first place!

I think I will just cancel and get a refund.

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I've never heard of OnTrac until the last few weeks. Is that a new UPS/FedEx/DHL/whatever? Or are they using some sort of private courier? Or maybe it just doesn't exist here in New Orleans/Louisiana?

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I've never heard of OnTrac until the last few weeks. Is that a new UPS/FedEx/DHL/whatever? Or are they using some sort of private courier? Or maybe it just doesn't exist here in New Orleans/Louisiana?

They are national delivery service but on the lower end of the spectrum. I don't know why Google doesn't just stick with FedEx!
https://www.ontrac.com/

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
My goodness, what an awful experience. I'm so sorry. Also, I can't believe that they cannot locate the device that "was delivered to you." Surely they can track it or contact the driver? Seems like that mystery should've been solved by now.

Hopefully you either get your refund or that you get your new phone soon! I feel like they should expedite your case and your "replacement" phone, seeing as this was a situation that was not even close to being your fault. Hope things get better for you!

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Amazon uses Ontrac as well for lots of same day delivery orders in my area and have no issues with them once I moved to my home. But five years ago when I used to stay in an apartment they always used to screw up and drop off in the wrong apartment complex. Everytime something ships via Ontrac it was a nightmare and glad that is past me.

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I work in Logistics at my company. Shipping/receiving/deliveries is what I do.
I'm guessing they don't operate here.

Paulinho P

Oct 27, 2017
Visit site
I am going through a similar ordeal. OnTrac claims to have delivered it but no door knock nor ringing of door bell. No idea if they actually delivered it and it was subsequently stolen. Someone was home all day.

Last edited:

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Follow up to My OnTrac and Google customer service nightmare

So just got off the phone with Google CS. Finally got someone to resolve the issue after 6 hours of phone calls.
Their only answer is to refund my money and let me order it again! This process could take another two weeks before I could order another Pixel 2 XL. First they have to process the refund....that is 3 business days. Then for it to show in my account....that could take another 3 business days. Then I would be able to place another order...which may or may not take another few weeks to get to me depending on if they have stock to ship. I might not receive a replacement phone for almost a month.

For all my trouble all the Google CS offered me was $25
playstore credit and free overnight shipping

Google CS response
"Thank you for contact. I hope you morning is going well. My name is LaToya and I will be more than happy to help you. I do apologize that you have not received your package. I’ve processed a full refund for your Pixel 2 XL. Your refund will be processed in 3 to 5 business days usually, but may take up to 14 business days depending on your banking institution. I have seen it release sooner. You can always check to see if a refund has been processed by visiting ***********. I also want to offer you overnight shipping for free. When you do decided to reorder down the road, let me know and I will be happy too. Also I do want to offer you $25.00 in Google Play Credit."

Horrible customer service from Google and a very unpleasant buying experience

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Looks pretty good to me, resolved issue$25 credit free shipping.

Unpleasant buying experience yes unfortunately these things happen once in awhile, frustrating yes.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
My OnTrac and Google customer service nightmare

Ordered the 2XL 64GB on 10/04
Supposed to be delivered on 10/23 from OnTrac. I have heard bad things about Ontrac on other forums.
I work from home everyother week and this was my week to work from home so it was perefect! i would be here when the phone was delivered.
My home office is in the front room of my house. My desk faces the front window that faces the front of my house. To get to my front door....people have to cross in front of the window and I'm 20ft away fromt he window.

So on delivery day I am excited and watching every car that passed by my street! Can't wait to get hold of my new phone!

At 11AM I get an email from Google telling me my phone was delivered and to enjoy my new devcie!
I'm like whaaaat? I am right here looking out my front window at the time. No one came by no truck....no one walked up the sidewalk to my front door. I would have seen them.
So i go outside to check.....nothing. I check the bushes...side of the house. I even walk to my neightbors on boths sides of me and check their front doors and no packages.

So i start calling OnTrac had to wait 30 minutes to get a person......they say they will look into it and contact the driver and get back to me. They never called back.
Meanwhile I am IMing with Google customer servcie and explaining the whole issue. Googgle customner support takes all my info says he looked into it and belives me and will issue a replacement phone ASAP! He (Edwin) says i will get an email shortly with tracking and order confirmation because he has ahad a order specialsit processing it while he as communicating with me. So far it has been an 90 minuutes communicating with Google customer support.

So far no communication from OnTrac or Google supoort or any kind of follow up. No emails no call backs.

Wednesday morning I start call OnTrac and Google.
OnTrac says they cannot give me anymore information. they can only talk to the shipper who is Google. i ask them if they have GPS on their trucks. She says they do but it's not very accurate. I tell her GPS would prove the driver never delivered the phone. She says she cannot tell that and refuses to say anything else.

I called Google customer service.......they are hard to get a hold of! It takes me 45 minutes to speak to someone. I was on the phone with him for another 90 minutes. He said the last person i talekd to did not open the support case but he would do it. He said now I have to wait for their shipping and claims person to get back to me in 3 to 5 business days!
I am so disappointed in Google...first for using OnTrac who has a terrible reputation. Then for their horrible customer service. They are so matter of fact and detached. They act like they could careless about me being charged for a phone that I haven't received.

I told them they have the IMEI number of the phone and to disable it so no one can activate and use it.

They assure me they will get to the bottom of it and I will get another phone. But that they will ahve to refund me then wait for it to clear then process another order which might take a couple weeks to go through their system. This after waiting for 3 weeks already for the phone in the first place!

I think I will just cancel and get a refund.

WoW that's disappointing coming from Google. Usually they are pretty good when it comes to customer service at least the 2 years I been on Project Fi they have been for me. Sorry to hear about your nightmare of a story no one should go through that. I BET you the driver STOLE the damn phone! or sold it to someone. Especially bc you were at the window all day you would of not missed it.

Good luck and hopefully Google can send you something soon.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Looks pretty good to me, resolved issue$25 credit free shipping.

Unpleasant buying experience yes unfortunately these things happen once in awhile, frustrating yes.

Looks pretty good to you? How is this pretty good?? Who gives a fawk about the $25 credit the time he spent on phone calls etc and deal with this crap is not worth $25 time is money. To make matters worse it's not resolved because he still doesn't have his phone nor will for a month + most likely. I agree with OP this is not acceptable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781