01-19-2018 06:50 AM
35 12
tools
    Understandable. My wife and I have a distinct advantage. We both work from home and use very fast home WiFi. And here in the Atlanta area we have WiFi wherever we go. Fi even searches for and automatically connects with known safe WiFi.
    Yeah that is the cool feature of it but that only works if you are really going out for leisure. Since you work at home it makes sense. At my work our WiFi is just abysmal so it is LTE or bust.
    01-17-2018 11:52 AM
    Google Fi has updated their plan so that once you exceed 10 GB of data, there is no charge for any additional data. That would make a maximum Fi cost for two people of $20 + $15 + $100 = $135.

You might want to check to see how much data you are actually using with Sprint and see if you could actually save money with Fi. Most people actually use far less data than they think they do.
    01-17-2018 01:01 PM
    Google Fi has updated their plan so that once you exceed 10 GB of data, there is no charge for any additional data. That would make a maximum Fi cost for two people of $20 + $15 + $100 = $135.

You might want to check to see how much data you are actually using with Sprint and see if you could actually save money with Fi. Most people actually use far less data than they think they do.
    I am on Verizon. I average anywhere from 30-50 GB a month. It costs me $33-35 a month for my line. Really hard to beat .
    01-17-2018 01:39 PM
    I would love to do that, but I tend to use way too much data to make that feasible.
    Well now that's all out the window. I am joining my wife's fi account tonight. So long Sprint, at least for billing. I imagine I will be using them at some point through Fi.
    https://www.androidcentral.com/proje...unlimited-plan
    01-17-2018 02:19 PM
    I am on Verizon. I average anywhere from 30-50 GB a month. It costs me $33-35 a month for my line. Really hard to beat .
    Wow! I had no idea that Verizon was that incredibly cheap! When we were on Sprint we were paying $125 a month for unlimited data for the two of us!
    01-17-2018 02:21 PM
    Wow! I had no idea that Verizon was that incredibly cheap! When we were on Sprint we were paying $125 a month for unlimited data for the two of us!
    It isn't anymore. I have 9 lines total (I own the account) but everyone pays me (fam and such). So my out of pocket is that cheap due to a big family plan but also I am on the old unlimited (it was called "February Unlimited" from 2016) which basically makes it like the unlimited they got today but with a way lower $ point.
    01-17-2018 02:25 PM
    Made the switch to FI last night. Took about 5 minutes to port over number. Visual Voice mail started working immediately. So long Sprint! I still can't believe they didn't support the built in Google Visual Voice mail, and they didn't support wifi calling either. Well my phone now functions as intended.
    01-18-2018 08:07 AM
    WiFi calling is really great. Sprint service was borderline at my home location, but with WiFi calling on Google Fi, everything works like it should now. The Project Fi app compared to Sprint billing is a breath of fresh air isn't it?
    01-18-2018 03:06 PM
    This happens to me sometimes on Sprint but never on T-Mobile.
    01-18-2018 03:10 PM
    WiFi calling is really great. Sprint service was borderline at my home location, but with WiFi calling on Google Fi, everything works like it should now. The Project Fi app compared to Sprint billing is a breath of fresh air isn't it?
    Yes it is. Plus I have great wifi at work, and home, so data really shouldn't be a problem.
    01-19-2018 06:50 AM
35 12