Calling Issues with Pixel XL 2 and Sprint

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I would love to do that, but I tend to use way too much data to make that feasible.

Understandable. My wife and I have a distinct advantage. We both work from home and use very fast home WiFi. And here in the Atlanta area we have WiFi wherever we go. Fi even searches for and automatically connects with known safe WiFi.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Understandable. My wife and I have a distinct advantage. We both work from home and use very fast home WiFi. And here in the Atlanta area we have WiFi wherever we go. Fi even searches for and automatically connects with known safe WiFi.

Yeah that is the cool feature of it but that only works if you are really going out for leisure. Since you work at home it makes sense. At my work our WiFi is just abysmal so it is LTE or bust.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Google Fi has updated their plan so that once you exceed 10 GB of data, there is no charge for any additional data. That would make a maximum Fi cost for two people of $20 + $15 + $100 = $135.

You might want to check to see how much data you are actually using with Sprint and see if you could actually save money with Fi. Most people actually use far less data than they think they do.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Google Fi has updated their plan so that once you exceed 10 GB of data, there is no charge for any additional data. That would make a maximum Fi cost for two people of $20 + $15 + $100 = $135.

You might want to check to see how much data you are actually using with Sprint and see if you could actually save money with Fi. Most people actually use far less data than they think they do.

I am on Verizon. I average anywhere from 30-50 GB a month. It costs me $33-35 a month for my line. Really hard to beat :).

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I am on Verizon. I average anywhere from 30-50 GB a month. It costs me $33-35 a month for my line. Really hard to beat :).

Wow! I had no idea that Verizon was that incredibly cheap! When we were on Sprint we were paying $125 a month for unlimited data for the two of us!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow! I had no idea that Verizon was that incredibly cheap! When we were on Sprint we were paying $125 a month for unlimited data for the two of us!

It isn't anymore. I have 9 lines total (I own the account) but everyone pays me (fam and such). So my out of pocket is that cheap due to a big family plan but also I am on the old unlimited (it was called "February Unlimited" from 2016) which basically makes it like the unlimited they got today but with a way lower $ point.

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Made the switch to FI last night. Took about 5 minutes to port over number. Visual Voice mail started working immediately. So long Sprint! I still can't believe they didn't support the built in Google Visual Voice mail, and they didn't support wifi calling either. Well my phone now functions as intended.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
WiFi calling is really great. Sprint service was borderline at my home location, but with WiFi calling on Google Fi, everything works like it should now. The Project Fi app compared to Sprint billing is a breath of fresh air isn't it?

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
WiFi calling is really great. Sprint service was borderline at my home location, but with WiFi calling on Google Fi, everything works like it should now. The Project Fi app compared to Sprint billing is a breath of fresh air isn't it?

Yes it is. Plus I have great wifi at work, and home, so data really shouldn't be a problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463