Google to address Pixel 2 XL screen issues with several software changes and offer 2 year warranty

Garemlin

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
re: Google to address Pixel 2 XL screen issues with several software changes and offer 2 year warranty

Curious to see how the "saturated" mode will look like. And really cool on the 2 year warranty. Most people don't keep their phones longer than 2 years so everyone should have piece of mind.

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
re: Google to address Pixel 2 XL screen issues with several software changes and offer 2 year warranty

Beat me to this by 7 minutes...... Kudos for the extended warranty. That's worth a chunk of the $129 for Google Care excluding the accident /damage coverage

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Good news, and reassuring.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Pretty cool. Maybe that will help with some users :).

I also think next month the KRACK WiFi issue should be fixed as well.

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

More from Google reported in the announcement : software updates will include fade out of nav buttons and notification bar color matching to app in use. They say their tests do NOT indicate burn in (screen aging) being any worse than "other premium OLED screens", but making changes to address concerns.

I think the software updates are great ideas in the first place.

My concerns have evaporated. I was fatalistic, planning RMS as needed. Now, back to can't wait for my XL to arrive with pure excitement.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Definitely confidence-inspiring.

Later batches should also have displays with better manufactured quality, so if that’s the case, all is well.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site

WOW, that was fast! Cheers Google.

:D

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site

Fast response, give the masses what they want and throw in an extra year for the warranty. Now hopefully everyone will SHUT IT and enjoy their phones. Me, I'm still waiting on mine :(

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Glad I opted out of an extended warranty...2 years is great, and I am loving my XL, no signs of any screen problems for a week now. I'm still looking for my microscope so I can identify Alex's burnin.:p

I'm on 8.1 now...So the nav bar dimms right down.:cool:

pappy35

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Earlier this afternoon I watched a Tim Scofield video about the DP of Android 8.1 on his OG Pixel XL where you could see the nav buttons fading after a few seconds so this has already been implemented.

Last edited:

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site

Definitely confidence-inspiring.

Later batches should also have displays with better manufactured quality, so if that’s the case, all is well.

Why would they change their *manufactured quality* if according to their statement that this is a non-issue?

Just because some dufus on tweeter posts a gray test screen doesn't make it an issue in real world usage.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

Great news,although I haven`t received my 2XL yet,thats Google at it`s best for promising software fixes and a bonus 2 year warranty ...well done and thank you,it`s really cool to see such a large company move so quickly to address buyers concerns :cool:

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site

Glad I opted out of an extended warranty...2 years is great, and I am loving my XL, no signs of any screen problems for a week now. I'm still looking for my microscope so I can identify Alex's burnin.:p

I'm on 8.1 now...So the nav bar dimms right down.:cool:

Yeah but you can't run over it with your car 2 times like I can.

:p

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site

Great news,although I haven`t received my 2XL yet,thats Google at it`s best for promising software fixes and a bonus 2 year warranty ...well done and thank you,it`s really cool to see such a large company move so quickly to address buyers concerns :cool:

That's why I'm sticking with #teampixel .

:cool:

openwheelracing

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site

Wow, impressed at the quick response. This will really help with resale value too. More reason for the haters to hate the Google Pixel. Ha they can have their beautiful curved screen.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Can't wait for the saturated mode myself. Great news ..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol