02-12-2018 06:13 PM
58 123
tools
    And that's the beauty of Android flexibility, ptkelly! You and I can change what we would like to do with Android at the drop of a hat. You gotta love it!
    01-19-2018 01:06 PM
    I agree it should be removable or moveable but their are so many options with android that when I decide to go back to the pixel launcher for awhile it's really not a problem as I can leave it for another launcher anytime. What gripes me more about the stock launcher is the notification bar. I wish it had a hide option. Using an iphone at times I hate the rigidity of that OS and that top notification bar is annoying. A simple swipe down is all it needs to view. But having the option to have it either way as well as everything else is what makes android so popular. ....and so much better. Why Apple locks down the app grid to be a certain way is bizarre and a mystery. I see no point to it.
    01-19-2018 02:07 PM
    Why Apple locks down the app grid to be a certain way is bizarre and a mystery. I see no point to it.
    To cater to the lowest common denominator is the only answer I have.

Which is why the X is such a drastic change for Apple. Not even a software home button? In fact I bet it's way too much for a lot of Apple users.
    cbreze and DMP89145 like this.
    01-19-2018 08:53 PM
    Good luck with finding anything on that. Anyway if you feel that strongly about it then why buy the phone and give Google the $$$ in the first place?
    I like my Pixel 2. But, I prefer using Firefox beta for my browser and DuckDuckGo as my default browser. On my computer, I use IxQuick for my search engine with Firefox beta.

What Google does well I appreciate. What they don't, I avoid. Unlike a government, with businesses we have choices.
    01-19-2018 09:04 PM
    YES there is a way to remove the Google Search Bar on most android device's!! Now I want you to follow these steps: GO TO settings - APPS: Do you see the little scroll bar above that says: downloaded / running / all: I want you to go to the ALL tab and find "LAUNCHER3" Tap on it HIT DISABLE - "RESTART" your ANDROID Device. The Search Bar should no longer be there. Thank you
    02-12-2018 12:57 AM
    I use Nova, not because the search bar is an issue only that I like to make my phone fully individual. I would say that the search bar being stuck there may be annoying but you've bought a Google phone, it's part if the deal I guess. I can't recommend Nova enough to those wanting to make their phone exactly as they want, I couldn't go back.
    02-12-2018 06:20 AM
    YES there is a way to remove the Google Search Bar on most android device's!! Now I want you to follow these steps: GO TO settings - APPS: Do you see the little scroll bar above that says: downloaded / running / all: I want you to go to the ALL tab and find "LAUNCHER3" Tap on it HIT DISABLE - "RESTART" your ANDROID Device. The Search Bar should no longer be there. Thank you
    This makes no sense to me.
    02-12-2018 09:28 AM
    Considering Launcher3 is the AOSP launcher and NOT what's installed on the Pixel 2, this advice is meaningless. All you've also done is forced another launcher to run instead that's pre-installed on your phone (hint: make sure there is another launcher before attempting something like this or you'll have to factory reset your phone)
    02-12-2018 06:13 PM
58 123