Standby screen flickers sometimes.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
3 times over the past few days my standby screen goes from solid black with the digital clock to a lighter gray and flickers. So far I tap the screen a few times and it goes back to normal.

Anyone else see this. I may have an issue going on.. :(

rk235

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, happened to me couple of times, it went away after pressing the lock button. I tried to recreate it but no success.

Cherenkov

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
It might be on purpose to prevent screen burn-in. Sometimes they make the image flicker or move ever so slightly to give the pixels (pun intended) a break.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I doubt it has anything with screen burn in. It almost looks like some kind of short. Seems more of a hardware issue than a software issue.

Happen again last night as I set it up in my car. I am try to figure out what triggers it. Twice it happened as I was setting it up on my car's magnetic mount. But it does not happen every time I mount the phone.

Tapping the screen sometimes will fix it. Turning the screen on and off with the power button does not fix it for me. I had first time success opening and closing the phone with the fingerprint reader last night, I'll try this again next time.

Hopefully this is not another screen issue about to explode on the review blogs.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
It might be on purpose to prevent screen burn-in. Sometimes they make the image flicker or move ever so slightly to give the pixels (pun intended) a break.

No. It seems like if a folder is expanded at the exact moment you close the screen (finger brush) it causes the screen to go grey. When aod turns on it flickers, since it goes into low power mode.