Bluetooth issues

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Reboots have corrected every issue I have had with BT(on this p2xl). That goes for every iPhone and every other phone I have owned as well.

kmod75

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a 2016 Honda Civic. The only issue I had was it took me about 8 or 9 times to get the device to pair. Once that was over, no issues. My car is similar to one of the comments above...I have to enable both the phone and media for it to do both. Most of the time everything happens on it's own. Only very seldomly do I have to turn off Bluetooth, then turn it back on for it to do both. Pixel 2, Verizon.

NOLATechy

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Okay All - sorry to say I am having to return my Google Pixel 2 XL! I've had an issue with the original Pixel XL for months trying to get it to stay connected to my Honda Accord. I've sent in bug reports to Google's Tier 3 tech support to help them find the fix. To date, no fix, so I decided to try the Pixel 2 XL (different manufacturer) in hopes it would work. NOPE! Same exact Bluetooth connection issue with the Pixel 2 XL as with the original Pixel XL. I've tried two other phones on my car and they connect with no issue at all and stay connected. Hell, my Windows Phone even alerts me there is an incoming text message and asks me if I want it to read it to me, then asks me if I want to reply. And yet, Google can't even get the phones to stay connected to the car!? This, plus the blue screen tint, plus the popping noise when on a phone call on speakerphone. I've had it! I'm returning the phone and getting a Samsung Note 8! If you drive a Honda, I highly recommend you do the same! Google really needs to get their stuff together! This Pixel release is a complete DISASTER!

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Report back on how the N8 BT works for you.

For me, after a year of Pixel BT woes, it's just awesome to have stable, reliable, great sounding BT again. The N8 is killer IMO.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Report back on how the N8 BT works for you.

For me, after a year of Pixel BT woes, it's just awesome to have stable, reliable, great sounding BT again. The N8 is killer IMO.

How you describe your N8 is literally my Pixel 2. I use BT exclusively for my media at work, on the go, and in my truck. I have yet to run into one hiccup. It works the same as my S8+ did that I had before the P2.

husslord

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
On my end my car I had to add a Bluetooth adapter in the glove box shockingly a 2009 BMW doesn't come with with Bluetooth standard. Wondering if that is part of the reason for the issues? Either way not a deal breaker... I have an old school ipod I can sync straight to the stereo and even sounds better just for convenience like to have my phone.

anon(10341183)

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
I have a 2014 Camry. Paired Pixel 2 just fine, but track information would not show, steering wheel controls would work about 30% of the time and then after a few presses, everything would lock up and I would have to disable/enable bluetooth to get this to work again. Sometimes I would not be able to start playback at all. Tried safe mode, reset all BT connections on the car - no difference. Called Google, agent went to talk to someone, got his manager on the line, who told me to talk to Toyota about updating my Bluetooth to 5.0. After no logical answer from Google, I went ahead and installed 8.1 beta, which fixed 90% of my issues. Track information still fails to display sometimes, but at least it connects every time, and steering wheel controls are working.

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried going into Developer Settings and try disabling "Use Absolute Volume?"

This feature has caused issues with some devices in the past. I'm assuming it's still an option on the Pixel 2 phones.

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I have had some issues with my bose quieycomfort and another Bluetooth receiver. after a couple of resets on both ends and deleting the pairings it started working again. mind you I made the jump to 8.1 as well not sure if that was a factor for my issues.

my 2010 Mazda connects no problem, every time. shout outs to old Bluetooth

KrautHammer

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm not so sure this is an issue with The Pixel2/2XL hardware. Since getting he Oreo update on my Nexus 6p, I've had the same issues. I've seen that Google has, historically, had problems with bluetooth, 99% of them have always been resolved with software updates.

I'm fine pairing my Nexus 6p with my Bose speaker, JBL speaker, Sol Republic headphones and Huawei watch. The issues I run into are with my 2011 Hyundai Sonata. Most of the time it connects just fine and plays just fine, but internmittently, there are problems where it is connected, but no audio for anything. I need to switch off bluetooth on the 6p, then turn back on and it connects fine every time that way.

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I have issues only with my car. With my earpiece and 2 headphones, Bluetooth works great.

In my car, it mostly works as expected. I haven't had any audio disconnects but I have seen artist/album/track info go missing on one occassion. My biggest complaint is that Google Assistant will not play output over BT in my car most of the time. I can see that my head unit will mute audio whenever Assistant is trying to speak.

It's a little frustrating but not a huge deal as Android Auto works without any problems.

macshaggy

Oct 30, 2017
Visit site
I'm from the iPhone world and switched to Pixel 2. At first, I had issues with Bluetooth in my car and skullcandy earbuds. I recently joined the beta and updated to Android 8.1 and still the issues persisted but once I have forgotten the connection and reconnected Bluetooth performance improved.

So, I'm thinking that this might be fixed in December's release.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I will say coming from the XL1, the Bluetooth performance on the XL2 is much much better, for me.

the only time I run in to issues is when the phone mistakenly connects to two different devices at the same time. This mainly happens with my powerbeats headphones, where it'll connect media to the headphones and phone to the truck (even though the truck is off and not in range). so I just have to go in to the settings and manually disconnect from both, then reconnect to only the headphones.

moral of that story, if you have multiple saved BT devices, when you connect and are having issues, go into settings and make sure it's not ghost connecting to another device and causing issues. that could be one culprit.

Sean Anderson3

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
I had Bluetooth problems with my original Pixel hooking up to my car, but it was when Oreo was released that a whole slew of problems compounded, the biggest being connecting to any Bluetooth. There were plenty of threads including Google's own support threads. But every time I would call, they would insist that they knew nothing of any connectivity issues. I'll be returning 4 Pixel xl's. I would not care nearly as much if these phones were $300-$400, but they are not.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I haven't really had any issues on my 2 XL but my wife has the 2 and she has had connectivity issues. Her phone can be connected to her car and if someone calls and she picks up the audio stops working and she has to do some weird work around to fix it. She also has problems with her Bluetooth headphones.So far I have not had these issues myself. She loves everything about her phone besides this

Brent Starnes

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Pixel 2 Xl would connect via Bluetooth to 3 different cars and bose headphones, but callers couldn't hear me, calls would drop, and music would drop in and out and crack and pop. Sound quality was horrendous. I tried removing and repairing, but nothing ever worked. Finally I joined the Oreo 8.1 beta program and the update fixed all my Bluetooth issues. As a side benefit, I've noticed improvements in overall smoothness of the phone, it is now as smooth as my Pixel OG. Can't believe how many issues there were with this at launch, unacceptable for a $1000 phone. Have the Note 8 as well, that phone has been perfect since day 1.

Gabriel Lopez3

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Re:

I'm having a similar issue. I can play my transferred music on the Pixel 2 through the phone speakers using Google Play Music. But once I connect my phone to bluetooth (either my Bose speaker or my car), I hear nothing. The phone display tells me the song is still playing, but no sound from anywhere - phone speakers or Bluetooth device. But if I stream music via Deezer and connect to either my Bose speaker or my car, I can hear it through those devices.

I was having the same issues with my Pixel 2 XL so I went to Bluetooth device settings and turned off the HD audio apx setting and it seems to have fixed the issue for the most part.

Ranadheer Kovvuri

Oct 31, 2017
Visit site
I came from an iPhone transferred my music over... Have used Android phones many times set Player Pro back up and in my car I get nothing. When I tried Google music nothing, but here is the thing. When I listen to podcasts on Google music or used Spotify it worked....what am I doing wrong? Thanks!

BBook1999

Oct 6, 2017
Visit site
Re:

I was having the same issues with my Pixel 2 XL so I went to Bluetooth device settings and turned off the HD audio apx setting and it seems to have fixed the issue for the most part.

I don't see HD audio apx in my Bluetooth device settings. But I will keep poking around. Thanks!

Edit: Ok, I found the setting, but it's set to Use System Selection (Default). Which appears to be SBC. I'm going to go ahead and disable absolute volume and see if that helps at all. [Edit: nope, no dice. Spotify is still good on Bluetooth, Google Play Music is a no go.]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech