04-15-2018 09:18 AM
108 ... 345
tools
    Mine does that. It stops after about 30 seconds to a minute. I think it is when the car is downloading the phonebook information. After the initial skips, it is smooth sailing.
    Hmm. Maybe I'll try restricting it for audio only and see what happens. My car mic is garbage so I don't take calls while I'm driving anyways.
    01-10-2018 08:07 AM
    Hmm. Maybe I'll try restricting it for audio only and see what happens. My car mic is garbage so I don't take calls while I'm driving anyways.
    the problem I found with audio only setting is the phone won't auto-connect to the device when entering the car. but if it solves your problem could be worth it
    01-10-2018 08:53 AM
    the problem I found with audio only setting is the phone won't auto-connect to the device when entering the car. but if it solves your problem could be worth it
    That's actually how I had to have my S7 setup bc every time I would get in the car it give an audible "new message" dialog for every single text I'd received since I was last in the car even though I'd already read them... That was WAY more annoying than a skipping...
    01-10-2018 09:21 AM
    Hi, I've had my Pixel 2 XL for 3 days when I realised that the Bluetooth does not work. I turn on my Bluetooth speaker which has paired perfectly with at least 3 other mobiles, but my Pixel 2xl can't even see there is a network nearby?! Tried the same thing with my digital radio and again, the pixel 2xl does not even list the Bluetooth network. Completely infuriating. A phone THIS new and worth THIS much money should not have such a fundamental problem.
    01-20-2018 07:54 PM
    Hi, I've had my Pixel 2 XL for 3 days when I realised that the Bluetooth does not work.
    You should get it over with now then: perform a Factory Reset, setup as New and don't install anything - immediately test Bluetooth. If it still doesn't work then contact whoever you purchased it from or contact Google for a replacement.
    01-21-2018 01:02 AM
    I'm having the same issue with a 2015 Toyota. Did you ever find a fix??

I have a
    2014 Camry. Paired Pixel 2 just fine, but track information would not show, steering wheel controls would work about 30% of the time and then after a few presses, everything would lock up and I would have to disable/enable bluetooth to get this to work again. Sometimes I would not be able to start playback at all. Tried safe mode, reset all BT connections on the car - no difference. Called Google, agent went to talk to someone, got his manager on the line, who told me to talk to Toyota about updating my Bluetooth to 5.0. After no logical answer from Google, I went ahead and installed 8.1 beta, which fixed 90% of my issues. Track information still fails to display sometimes, but at least it connects every time, and steering wheel controls are working.
    02-12-2018 09:46 PM
    Okay All - sorry to say I am having to return my Google Pixel 2 XL! I've had an issue with the original Pixel XL for months trying to get it to stay connected to my Honda Accord. I've sent in bug reports to Google's Tier 3 tech support to help them find the fix. To date, no fix, so I decided to try the Pixel 2 XL (different manufacturer) in hopes it would work. NOPE! Same exact Bluetooth connection issue with the Pixel 2 XL as with the original Pixel XL. I've tried two other phones on my car and they connect with no issue at all and stay connected. Hell, my Windows Phone even alerts me there is an incoming text message and asks me if I want it to read it to me, then asks me if I want to reply. And yet, Google can't even get the phones to stay connected to the car!? This, plus the blue screen tint, plus the popping noise when on a phone call on speakerphone. I've had it! I'm returning the phone and getting a Samsung Note 8! If you drive a Honda, I highly recommend you do the same! Google really needs to get their stuff together! This Pixel release is a complete DISASTER!

Honda has Bluetooth issues and they are waiting for an update to their software. I have a bn civic.
    04-12-2018 09:14 AM
    Everyone else is having huge issues with "Play phone voice call on watch" on my Pixel 2 XL their android wear smartwatches where apps (Phone, Duo, WhatsApp - anything that uses a BT headset) freeze for 10-15s after making or receiving a call on the phone with the watch connected?

There's many many people complaining about this since December. Here's the Google bug report where you can report it https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/71010564
    04-15-2018 09:18 AM
108 ... 345