Bluetooth issues

husslord

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I came from an iPhone transferred my music over... Have used Android phones many times set Player Pro back up and in my car I get nothing. When I tried Google music nothing, but here is the thing. When I listen to podcasts on Google music or used Spotify it worked....what am I doing wrong? Thanks!

husslord

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
re:

My apologies if I don't fully understand your question but I get sound only through Spotify via Bluetooth and when playing my podcasts through Google music but there is no sound from my music coming out. Hope that helps. Thanks for your assistance!

BBook1999

Oct 6, 2017
Visit site
re:

I'm having a similar issue. I can play my transferred music on the Pixel 2 through the phone speakers using Google Play Music. But once I connect my phone to bluetooth (either my Bose speaker or my car), I hear nothing. The phone display tells me the song is still playing, but no sound from anywhere - phone speakers or Bluetooth device. But if I stream music via Deezer and connect to either my Bose speaker or my car, I can hear it through those devices.

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
re:

With my car, I have to pair it as a music player. If I pair it as a phone I can't hear music. But if I pair it in the music section of the setup, both the music and phone functions work.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
re:

I'm having a similar issue. I can play my transferred music on the Pixel 2 through the phone speakers using Google Play Music. But once I connect my phone to bluetooth (either my Bose speaker or my car), I hear nothing. The phone display tells me the song is still playing, but no sound from anywhere - phone speakers or Bluetooth device. But if I stream music via Deezer and connect to either my Bose speaker or my car, I can hear it through those devices.

You probably know this but I throw it out just on the very small chance that it might apply...

There are different volume "memories" for each output type. So, you could conceivably have your volume set at 50% when playing through your Pixel's speakers but at 0% when connected to Bluetooth.

Second, open Bluetooth settings, tap on "More Settings" then tap the gear icon alongside your Bluetooth speakers, earbuds, car, whatever, and make certain that "Media audio" is actually enabled.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
re:

I have the same exact issue, I noticed yesterday. It says "no media" but the phone functions work just fine.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
re:

I have the same exact issue, I noticed yesterday. It says "no media" but the phone functions work just fine.

You aren't also using Android Auto, are you?

If I recall correctly, you cannot use Bluetooth audio and Android Auto simultaneously.

BBook1999

Oct 6, 2017
Visit site
re:

Thanks. I checked and Media Audio is enabled. Hopefully I'll be able to figure this out since I do like to listen to my music a lot in the car.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
re:

No Android Auto here but definite Bluetooth issues , this is well-known on Google's forum to, so hopefully we'll have it resolved with the update, looks like we have high expectations for November's updates

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
re:

In my car streaming Spotify via Bluetooth to the car's head unit no problem sounds great, receive phone call, car rings, phone rings, watch Ring's S3 Frontier, can answer on phone, can answer on watch, unable to answer on car, car searching for phone unable to locate phone, music pauses when phone rings or in use, turn off watch, able to answer phone Thur car's steering wheel controls or head unit, or place call this way
Also when I turn off my watch then my phone's battery and signal strength will also appear on cars head unit, if the watch is on it only displays the Bluetooth symbol

anon(10341183)

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
I can hear music in my car, but do not see track information on the car screen. 2014 Camry. Also, if I use steering wheel controls to change track, music sometimes stops and I have to disable/enable Bluetooth to make it work again. My previous phone (iPhone 7) worked with zero issues.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
re:

I can play music on my head unit without Android Auto (bluetooth only) and it shows the song / album art (if available).

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
re:

No Android Auto here but definite Bluetooth issues , this is well-known on Google's forum to, so hopefully we'll have it resolved with the update, looks like we have high expectations for November's updates

I hope that's the case. I waited a year for Google to fix the horrific Pixel BT "skipping" issue. I lost a year of listening to music on my phone. Despite providing copious input to Google, they never moved off the dime. I walked away from my Pixel and Pixel 2 pre-order mostly b/c of living through the promise of Google addressing a problem for a year and never delivering.

Hopefully, that's not the case this time around.

mackie8

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Have u encounter bluetooth is connected..
But when i open spotify no sound.. no error...
I kept disconnecting and sometimes reboot before it works properly...
I encounter this on my OG pixel XL ...
I hope no more in pixel 2......

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I've been playing Bluetooth Spotify through my car's head unit for a couple days now zero issues, can also control Spotify on my watch