04-15-2018 09:18 AM
108 123 ...
tools
    I came from an iPhone transferred my music over... Have used Android phones many times set Player Pro back up and in my car I get nothing. When I tried Google music nothing, but here is the thing. When I listen to podcasts on Google music or used Spotify it worked....what am I doing wrong? Thanks!
    BBook1999 likes this.
    10-29-2017 10:38 AM
    Are you not getting sound or meta data?
    10-29-2017 10:41 AM
    My apologies if I don't fully understand your question but I get sound only through Spotify via Bluetooth and when playing my podcasts through Google music but there is no sound from my music coming out. Hope that helps. Thanks for your assistance!
    10-29-2017 12:18 PM
    Meaning are you not getting sound on some apps, or just the artist info on screen of car.
    10-29-2017 12:19 PM
    Just some apps cant get any sound from anything from iTunes library
    10-29-2017 09:48 PM
    I'm having a similar issue. I can play my transferred music on the Pixel 2 through the phone speakers using Google Play Music. But once I connect my phone to bluetooth (either my Bose speaker or my car), I hear nothing. The phone display tells me the song is still playing, but no sound from anywhere - phone speakers or Bluetooth device. But if I stream music via Deezer and connect to either my Bose speaker or my car, I can hear it through those devices.
    10-30-2017 02:07 AM
    With my car, I have to pair it as a music player. If I pair it as a phone I can't hear music. But if I pair it in the music section of the setup, both the music and phone functions work.
    10-30-2017 02:39 AM
    I'm having a similar issue. I can play my transferred music on the Pixel 2 through the phone speakers using Google Play Music. But once I connect my phone to bluetooth (either my Bose speaker or my car), I hear nothing. The phone display tells me the song is still playing, but no sound from anywhere - phone speakers or Bluetooth device. But if I stream music via Deezer and connect to either my Bose speaker or my car, I can hear it through those devices.
    You probably know this but I throw it out just on the very small chance that it might apply...

There are different volume "memories" for each output type. So, you could conceivably have your volume set at 50% when playing through your Pixel's speakers but at 0% when connected to Bluetooth.

Second, open Bluetooth settings, tap on "More Settings" then tap the gear icon alongside your Bluetooth speakers, earbuds, car, whatever, and make certain that "Media audio" is actually enabled.
    dsignori and sunmk like this.
    10-30-2017 04:25 AM
    I have the same exact issue, I noticed yesterday. It says "no media" but the phone functions work just fine.
    10-30-2017 05:22 AM
    I have the same exact issue, I noticed yesterday. It says "no media" but the phone functions work just fine.
    You aren't also using Android Auto, are you?

If I recall correctly, you cannot use Bluetooth audio and Android Auto simultaneously.
    10-30-2017 07:17 AM
    Thanks. I checked and Media Audio is enabled. Hopefully I'll be able to figure this out since I do like to listen to my music a lot in the car.
    10-30-2017 07:38 AM
    No Android Auto here but definite Bluetooth issues , this is well-known on Google's forum to, so hopefully we'll have it resolved with the update, looks like we have high expectations for November's updates
    BBook1999 likes this.
    10-30-2017 08:33 AM
    I have audio under Bluetooth enabled as well this strange. Hmmm guess it is Spotify for me for now.
    10-30-2017 02:57 PM
    In my car streaming Spotify via Bluetooth to the car's head unit no problem sounds great, receive phone call, car rings, phone rings, watch Ring's S3 Frontier, can answer on phone, can answer on watch, unable to answer on car, car searching for phone unable to locate phone, music pauses when phone rings or in use, turn off watch, able to answer phone Thur car's steering wheel controls or head unit, or place call this way
    Also when I turn off my watch then my phone's battery and signal strength will also appear on cars head unit, if the watch is on it only displays the Bluetooth symbol
    10-30-2017 03:35 PM
    I can hear music in my car, but do not see track information on the car screen. 2014 Camry. Also, if I use steering wheel controls to change track, music sometimes stops and I have to disable/enable Bluetooth to make it work again. My previous phone (iPhone 7) worked with zero issues.
    10-31-2017 01:03 AM
    I can play music on my head unit without Android Auto (bluetooth only) and it shows the song / album art (if available).
    10-31-2017 01:08 AM
    No Android Auto here but definite Bluetooth issues , this is well-known on Google's forum to, so hopefully we'll have it resolved with the update, looks like we have high expectations for November's updates
    I hope that's the case. I waited a year for Google to fix the horrific Pixel BT "skipping" issue. I lost a year of listening to music on my phone. Despite providing copious input to Google, they never moved off the dime. I walked away from my Pixel and Pixel 2 pre-order mostly b/c of living through the promise of Google addressing a problem for a year and never delivering.

Hopefully, that's not the case this time around.
    10-31-2017 07:40 AM
    Have u encounter bluetooth is connected..
    But when i open spotify no sound.. no error...
    I kept disconnecting and sometimes reboot before it works properly...
    I encounter this on my OG pixel XL ...
    I hope no more in pixel 2......
    10-31-2017 08:15 PM
    I've been playing Bluetooth Spotify through my car's head unit for a couple days now zero issues, can also control Spotify on my watch
    10-31-2017 09:04 PM
    Update: I am able to get Google Play Music to play podcasts via my car's bluetooth. But still none of my songs.
    11-01-2017 06:00 AM
    Reboots have corrected every issue I have had with BT(on this p2xl). That goes for every iPhone and every other phone I have owned as well.
    11-01-2017 06:57 AM
    I have a 2016 Honda Civic. The only issue I had was it took me about 8 or 9 times to get the device to pair. Once that was over, no issues. My car is similar to one of the comments above...I have to enable both the phone and media for it to do both. Most of the time everything happens on it's own. Only very seldomly do I have to turn off Bluetooth, then turn it back on for it to do both. Pixel 2, Verizon.
    sunmk likes this.
    11-01-2017 08:16 AM
    Okay All - sorry to say I am having to return my Google Pixel 2 XL! I've had an issue with the original Pixel XL for months trying to get it to stay connected to my Honda Accord. I've sent in bug reports to Google's Tier 3 tech support to help them find the fix. To date, no fix, so I decided to try the Pixel 2 XL (different manufacturer) in hopes it would work. NOPE! Same exact Bluetooth connection issue with the Pixel 2 XL as with the original Pixel XL. I've tried two other phones on my car and they connect with no issue at all and stay connected. Hell, my Windows Phone even alerts me there is an incoming text message and asks me if I want it to read it to me, then asks me if I want to reply. And yet, Google can't even get the phones to stay connected to the car!? This, plus the blue screen tint, plus the popping noise when on a phone call on speakerphone. I've had it! I'm returning the phone and getting a Samsung Note 8! If you drive a Honda, I highly recommend you do the same! Google really needs to get their stuff together! This Pixel release is a complete DISASTER!
    sunmk likes this.
    11-01-2017 05:58 PM
    Report back on how the N8 BT works for you.

For me, after a year of Pixel BT woes, it's just awesome to have stable, reliable, great sounding BT again. The N8 is killer IMO.
    11-01-2017 06:05 PM
    Report back on how the N8 BT works for you.

For me, after a year of Pixel BT woes, it's just awesome to have stable, reliable, great sounding BT again. The N8 is killer IMO.
    How you describe your N8 is literally my Pixel 2. I use BT exclusively for my media at work, on the go, and in my truck. I have yet to run into one hiccup. It works the same as my S8+ did that I had before the P2.
    11-02-2017 12:28 AM
108 123 ...