Has anyone sent their trade in back using different packaging that what they provide? I just don't trust that little bubble mailer to protect it through the shipping process. I was thinking of using the the box in which I received my Pixel 2.
    10-29-2017 12:50 PM
    Has anyone sent their trade in back using different packaging that what they provide? I just don't trust that little bubble mailer to protect it through the shipping process. I was thinking of using the the box in which I received my Pixel 2.
    Good idea!
    Except I put the return sticker on another envelope already. Oops
    10-29-2017 12:53 PM
    This was already a thread. I recall someone saying Google has instructions how to use a box. I don't really know why you would.
    10-29-2017 12:54 PM
    I still had the package my PXL came in so I put it in there and then used the cardboard box my Pixel 2 came in. I'm dropping mine in the mail tomorrow.
    10-29-2017 01:11 PM
    This was already a thread. I recall someone saying Google has instructions how to use a box. I don't really know why you would.
    Because, and there was one guy on here (or maybe it was XDA) already that had this happen, the phone might be broken on the way to them and there's no real way to prove it didn't happen while in your possession. Poof...there's goes $155. I'd rather take the time to put it in a real box.
    10-29-2017 01:34 PM
    Because, and there was one guy on here (or maybe it was XDA) already that had this happen, the phone might be broken on the way to them and there's no real way to prove it didn't happen while in your possession. Poof...there's goes $155. I'd rather take the time to put it in a real box.
    This is the reason I want to do it. I worked at a place that received return packages from USPS and know how they are treated, they are all piled into BMC's (bulk mail carriers) and you could have anything laying on top of your fragile package. Better to be safe than sorry, I'm getting $410 for my Pixel XL.
    10-29-2017 01:52 PM
    I still had the package my PXL came in so I put it in there and then used the cardboard box my Pixel 2 came in. I'm dropping mine in the mail tomorrow.
    Thanks, I may do that since I still have my package also.
    10-29-2017 01:54 PM
    How long do we have before we have to turn the OG pixel back in to get our rebate?
    10-29-2017 02:15 PM
    How long do we have before we have to turn the OG pixel back in to get our rebate?
    You have 30 days to get it back to them. It originally said that was from the day you initiated the trade but they later clarified that it's 30 days from the receipt of your new Pixel.
    bigbearballs and anon(161271) like this.
    10-29-2017 02:28 PM
    I returned it this morning. I didn't think of returning it in the original packaging before putting it in the box i choose. So i put the phone in the envelop provided in a box filled with bubble wrap and then had it shipped out. Should get there fine i am hoping everything goes well
    anon(161271) likes this.
    10-30-2017 11:41 AM
    I returned it this morning. I didn't think of returning it in the original packaging before putting it in the box i choose. So i put the phone in the envelop provided in a box filled with bubble wrap and then had it shipped out. Should get there fine i am hoping everything goes well
    I did the same thing. Placed it in the provided envelope, placed it in a bubble wrap Priority Mail envelope, then in a Priority Mail box and sent it on its way. Hopefully will be ok.
    bcbbanga4l and anon(161271) like this.
    10-30-2017 12:04 PM