This is probably related to Oreo. When I fingerprint wake my phone and there have been messages/phone calls, I get an intermediary screen that has a dark mountain scene with a list of all the message notifications I had since I last opened the phone.

I then have to swipe up that screen away. An extra step. I'd rather just have notifications in the pull down menu. All my apps have a notification indicator on their icon so seeing that I have notifications on that screen is overkill for me.

I think I changed a setting to get this special extra notification screen because I did not see it until the last few days.

Any idea how to turn it off without turning off notifications?
    10-30-2017 10:53 AM
    I've never seen this.
    10-30-2017 11:08 AM
    I have never seen it either.

Please let us know once you figure out how to turn it off...
    10-30-2017 11:38 AM
    Maybe it is part of Nova Launcher that I use?
    10-30-2017 11:54 AM
    You must be dragging your finger down on the fingerprint sensor.

Settings -> System -> Gestures -> Swipe fingerprint for notifications. Default seems to be "Enabled"
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.
    10-30-2017 11:56 AM
    You must be dragging your finger down on the fingerprint sensor.

Settings -> System -> Gestures -> Swipe fingerprint for notifications. Default seems to be "Enabled"
    Swipe fingerprint for notifications is Off
    10-30-2017 12:03 PM
    Swipe fingerprint for notifications is Off
    Must be Nova Launcher then. Did you look in Nova -> Settings -> Gestures?
    10-30-2017 12:07 PM
    Must be Nova Launcher then. Did you look in Nova -> Settings -> Gestures?
    I don't see anything in Nova gestures that would bring up that screen.

Here is a screenshot of what I see if I have notifications after fingerprint unlocking phone:

Notification Screen-swipeup.jpg
    10-30-2017 12:48 PM
    I don't see anything in Nova gestures that would bring up that screen.

Here is a screenshot of what I see if I have notifications after fingerprint unlocking phone:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swipeup.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	272630
    Those aren't native system notifications. So it's def a 3rd party installation.
    10-30-2017 12:53 PM
    Those aren't native system notifications. So it's def a 3rd party installation.
    Bingo! I have an app called notifier pro that came over from my old phone app sync. Not sure if I need it. It has an option to disable this screen.

I'll need to figure out why I installed it in the first place at some point in the distant past.
    10-30-2017 01:02 PM
    Weird.

It doesn't seem to be coming from Nova (I installed and tried it myself).

However, one thing that is pissing me off right now is that, suddenly, each time I hit the power button to turn my 2XL off, I get a full-screen flash to white just before going black. Never happened before I installed Nova and is continuing to happen even after uninstalling it and rebooting.

Ugh.
    10-30-2017 01:03 PM
    Weird.

It doesn't seem to be coming from Nova (I installed and tried it myself).

However, one thing that is pissing me off right now is that, suddenly, each time I hit the power button to turn my 2XL off, I get a full-screen flash to white just before going black. Never happened before I installed Nova and is continuing to happen even after uninstalling it and rebooting.

Ugh.
    I have seen reports of the flash before I got the XL 2. Mine doesn't flash.

I think I figured out why I installed notifier pro. It allows me to set up specific ringtones for apps that don't offer that option.

I have another thread on here on how to set a unique ringtone for my Amazon seller app which doesn't offer a specific ringtone option. I see, with this app I can set a specific ring tone to any type of notification. Maybe that's how I did it on my old phone.
    10-30-2017 01:10 PM
    I have seen reports of the flash before I got the XL 2. Mine doesn't flash.

After some brief testing:

With AOD enabled, the flash comes an instant before powering off - that is, between the time the phone goes "off" and the AOD comes "on."

If I disable AOD, there is no flash during the power off sequence. Instead, it flashes between my fingerprint being recognized and the screen (the clock?) coming on.

It is weird and quickly getting very annoying. It is such a bright flash that I can state unequivocally that it was not there prior to my downloading Nova. Now I am desperate to get rid of it, hopefully without having to do a factory reset.
    10-30-2017 01:15 PM
    After some brief testing:

With AOD enabled, the flash comes an instant before powering off - that is, between the time the phone goes "off" and the AOD comes "on."

If I disable AOD, there is no flash during the power off sequence. Instead, it flashes between my fingerprint being recognized and the screen (the clock?) coming on.

It is weird and quickly getting very annoying. It is such a bright flash that I can state unequivocally that it was not there prior to my downloading Nova. Now I am desperate to get rid of it, hopefully without having to do a factory reset.
    There is a setting to enable this flashing. It's under Apps & Notifications > Default Apps > Assist & voice Input.

I have attached a screen grab.
    Notification Screen-screenshot_20171030-134231.jpg
    10-30-2017 01:43 PM
    There is a setting to enable this flashing. It's under Apps & Notifications > Default Apps > Assist & voice Input.

I have attached a screen grab.
    Thanks, but

a) It is disabled
    b) as it says above, "Flashes edges of screen..."

In my case, it is the entire screen that flashes white. There is a thread on this subject here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/go...ml#post6045846
    10-30-2017 01:47 PM
    Ah. Sorry, I thought that was it.
    10-30-2017 01:52 PM