Google Assistant auto-unlock with Active Edge?

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
As the title says, is this possible?

Using Trusted Voice, this is possible when launching Assistant from a locked screen with the "Ok, Google" activation phrase but squeezing to launch Assistant requires an unlock action.

Has anyone gotten this to work?

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
And to go one step further after the squeeze when the assistant pops up I ask Google to unlock my phone and it pops up with password for me to enter the code

But looking closer at settings the assistant should be able to unlock my phone with my voice recognition
9e00f28f88f7abb4cdd1ca763b7d67e6.jpg
680bcbd448e06bcae346b5fbf8054eba.jpg

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I opened another thread without seeing this one, sorry.

I also have been bugged by this. It is much slower using Assistant and having to unlock it with Active Edge than just talking to it and having it work . This stinks, I can see it not unlocking my phone, but if I just want to have it turn on a light in my home or something, I would've hoped it could do that using the Squeeze.

I was actually enjoying the ability to use the Active Edge here, until I realized all the cool things worked fine only when I had my phone unlocked already ... :-(

skraggy

May 18, 2010
Visit site
You could consider using trusted device or location to keep your phone unlocked at home to avoid the authentication step.

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I've only had P2 for two days but the first couple of times I used it with the phone locked (with fingerprint), the GA came up with no authentification required. But every time I've used it today it won't work without first entering my pin. This is both wierd and cumbersome. You would think that it would at least ask for fingerprint, since that's how I have it set up.

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
If you turn on trusted device, trusted location, and on body detection, that should keep your device unlocked most of the time. I'm loving active edge.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae