Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

Is anyone else having their friends/family/colleagues tell them when they receive screenshots (hardware button style, or by Home button long press) from you, they cannot see the picture clearly--especially if there are WORDS included in the screenshot??

I'm on the Pixel 2 XL, and I'm enrolled in the Android Beta Program with Android 8.1 (maybe that has something to do with it).

I'm using the stock Android Messages app.
    11-01-2017 05:32 AM
    Is anyone else having their friends/family/colleagues tell them when they receive screenshots (hardware button style, or by Home button long press) from you, they cannot see the picture clearly--especially if there are WORDS included in the screenshot??

I'm on the Pixel 2 XL, and I'm enrolled in the Android Beta Program with Android 8.1 (maybe that has something to do with it).

Can you post the some examples?
    11-01-2017 06:56 AM

That could happen based on the method of transmittal. If you open the screenshots on your phone and they look good to you then they are fine. When you send them perhaps a lower resolution is being sent to the other end.
    11-01-2017 07:03 AM
    That could happen based on the method of transmittal. If you open the screenshots on your phone and they look good to you then they are fine. When you send them perhaps a lower resolution is being sent to the other end.
    Why would a lower resolution be sent, though? I'm sending straight from the notification shade. Strange...
    11-01-2017 07:50 AM
    Can you post the some examples?
    Like this...
    11-01-2017 07:52 AM
    Why would a lower resolution be sent, though? I'm sending straight from the notification shade. Strange...
    Where you are sharing from has nothing to do with it. They are being compressed by your method of sending....most likely text messaging system especially MMS.
    11-01-2017 07:56 AM
    Is that straight from your phone or the blurred example
    11-01-2017 07:58 AM
    Here mine but it's a different size...you do lose resolution with a screenshot to begin with and when you send you lose more depending on the method of compression if any.
    Attached Thumbnails Screenshots Sent in a Fuzzy Wuzzy Blur-9260.jpg  
    11-01-2017 08:01 AM
    No issues here so far sharing via text messages and also hangouts.
    mrjetpacks likes this.
    11-01-2017 08:04 AM
    Is that straight from your phone or the blurred example
    That is straight from my phone, yes. I figured MMS would compress the image, but not to the point of text being blurry. A friend of mine had trouble reading another screenshot I sent--which sparked my OG. She is on an iPhone, though... 🤷🏾*♂️
    11-01-2017 08:05 AM
    This one 🤪
    11-01-2017 08:06 AM
    That is straight from my phone, yes. I figured MMS would compress the image, but not to the point of text being blurry. A friend of mine had trouble reading another screenshot I sent--which sparked my OG. She is on an iPhone, though... 🤷🏾*♂️
    In one of my earlier posts I was going to ask if it was iPhones. When I send my daughter certain times lose resolution on her iPhone.
    The image from your phone looks about normal as is
    11-01-2017 08:08 AM
    Here mine but it's a different size...you do lose resolution with a screenshot to begin with and when you send you lose more depending on the method of compression if any.
    So not right in 2017 #compressionloss

I never had someone tell me they couldn't read text in a screenshot when I would send them from my Nexus 6P...so I thought maybe it was a bug with the Pixel 2 XL. I guess it's just how things [still] are
    11-01-2017 08:10 AM
    In one of my earlier posts I was going to ask if it was iPhones. When I send my daughter certain times lose resolution on her iPhone.
    The image from your phone looks about normal as is
    Then this is from the Essential Phone sent to my Pixel 2 XL. Seems to be clearer
    11-01-2017 08:16 AM
    I would post this and a beta program maybe they can be more helpful to you
    11-01-2017 09:06 AM
    Good idea. Thanks. I sent them this thread as is...
    11-01-2017 09:20 AM
    It's not a Android beta issue. It's an image compression issue
    11-01-2017 09:23 AM
    It's not a Android beta issue. It's an image compression issue
    Ah
    11-01-2017 09:39 AM