08-07-2018 02:09 AM
50 12
tools
    I dont know what it is you guys are seeing but it's not light bleed. Yet we keep referring to it as light bleed and in have yet to be able to identify what it is from any of the pictures posted.
    Sorry the only reason I call it that is because that is what it looks like therefore the easiest way to describe what it looks like. I know it isn't light bleed though. Maybe we can all agree on an alternative descriptor
    11-02-2017 10:39 AM
    That almost looks like the launcher is applying some sort of gradiant or color mapping to the status bar or parts of the status bar incorrectly.

Also, as said if another launcher fixes the issue then it is definitely a software issue and not hardware which is good.
    11-02-2017 11:43 AM
    That almost looks like the launcher is applying some sort of gradiant or color mapping to the status bar or parts of the status bar incorrectly.

Also, as said if another launcher fixes the issue then it is definitely a software issue and not hardware which is good.
    I did some experimenting based on what I'm hearing on the V30.
    I don't know if this similar but with a black wallpaper and Pixel launcher I notice a gradient effect on the bottom that grows as you scroll up. Is this similar to what you are seeing?
    Attached Thumbnails 'Light bleed only on home screen'-10326.jpg  
    11-02-2017 11:50 AM
    Here's a second shot where I start to scroll up. In this case I think it's deliberate in the launcher design
    Attached Thumbnails 'Light bleed only on home screen'-10328.jpg  
    11-02-2017 11:51 AM
    Here's a second shot where I start to scroll up. In this case I think it's deliberate in the launcher design
    The fade on the lock screen is in the top half not the bottom half. If it's deliberate I don't like it....to my eyes it doesn't look like an interesting design, just looks like my screen is faded

The homescreen issue is a thin bar of light at the top of the screen

The easiest way to find out if it's deliberate or not would be if people who don't have any of these things happening could comment and say what phone they have. I saw a 5 inch pixel 2 with a black wallpaper in a droid life video and I didn't see the bar of light at the top of the homescreen in that video

I'm interested to know if this is on ALL pixel 2s or just some, and is it happening on any XLs.
    11-03-2017 12:11 AM
    There are some overlays in the stock launcher, I think this is purely a software effect. Who knows if Google agrees that it's a problem or ultimately decides it's not the best design.
    11-03-2017 01:22 AM
    The fade on the lock screen is in the top half not the bottom half. If it's deliberate I don't like it....to my eyes it doesn't look like an interesting design, just looks like my screen is faded

The easiest way to find out if it's deliberate or not would be if people who don't have any of these things happening could comment and say what phone they have. I saw a 5 inch pixel 2 with a black wallpaper in a droid life video and I didn't see the bar of light at the top of the homescreen in that video

I'm interested to know if this is on ALL pixel 2s or just some, and is it happening on any XLs.
    Well, if it happens on stock Launcher but not on Nova launcher, that automatically rules it as a software 'issue' on the Pixel launcher. If it was hardware, it should occur regardless of launcher. Whether it was deliberate or not though...
    ThrowinRocks likes this.
    11-03-2017 01:51 AM
    Well, if it happens on stock Launcher but not on Nova launcher, that automatically rules it as a software 'issue' on the Pixel launcher. If it was hardware, it should occur regardless of launcher. Whether it was deliberate or not though...
    On my regular pixel 2 it's only on the stock launcher not on Nova
    11-03-2017 09:08 AM

It happened to mine that I returned.
    11-04-2017 06:39 PM
    Well update downloaded and this issue remains . Do all pixel 2 (5 inch) owners have this on their phone? Is it on any pixel 2 xls? Anyone WITHOUT the issue please comment and say what phone you have

I guess I'll call google back
    11-07-2017 04:35 AM
    Yea it's not light bleed, but it looks EXACTLY like light bleed. I think it's on purpose - just supposed to hilight the notification bar. I hope they take it out because it's irritating.
    11-07-2017 07:04 AM
    Yea it's not light bleed, but it looks EXACTLY like light bleed. I think it's on purpose - just supposed to hilight the notification bar. I hope they take it out because it's irritating.
    Yup, I agree, I want to use a dark theme on my phone but won't because of this issue. It just looks crap, totally takes you out of the beautiful material design of android

I'm not sure if every pixel 2 has the issue, for example watch the droid life 20 tips and tricks video on youtube. He is using a regular pixel 2 with a black background and I can't see this 'light bleed' effect on his phone despite a lot of close up footage of the homescreen with black wallpaper
    11-07-2017 05:35 PM
    That's exactly what it looks like to me as well. It's clearly a software/UI issue, the question is whether it's considered a bug by Google and get fixed. I hope it does for the sake of those of you using dark themed wallpapers!
    11-07-2017 11:32 PM
    Did you ever get this resolved? I realize this thread is a few months old, but I just got my 2 xl and it has the EXACT see issue you mention. The home screen doesn't bother me too much because I usually use Nova Launcher anyway, but I like black wallpaper for my lockscreen and the ghosting effect on the top half of the screen annoys me. I ordered a second 2 xl and it had exact same issue as well. Both have build dates on December.
    03-20-2018 07:23 PM
    That's exactly what it looks like to me as well. It's clearly a software/UI issue, the question is whether it's considered a bug by Google and get fixed. I hope it does for the sake of those of you using dark themed wallpapers!
    Did you ever get this resolved? I realize this thread is a few months old, but I just got my 2 xl and it has the EXACT see issue you mention. The home screen doesn't bother me too much because I usually use Nova Launcher anyway, but I like black wallpaper for my lockscreen and the ghosting effect on the top half of the screen annoys me. I ordered a second 2 xl and it had exact same issue as well. Both have build dates on December
    03-20-2018 07:26 PM
    Did you ever get this resolved? I realize this thread is a few months old, but I just got my 2 xl and it has the EXACT see issue you mention. The home screen doesn't bother me too much because I usually use Nova Launcher anyway, but I like black wallpaper for my lockscreen and the ghosting effect on the top half of the screen annoys me. I ordered a second 2 xl and it had exact same issue as well. Both have build dates on December
    Did yours go away? It just happened to my Pixel 2. It was fine one minute, then froze, reset, and now there's a light band.
    04-03-2018 05:15 AM
    Dang didn't know this was widespread.
    05-04-2018 01:18 PM
    Dang didn't know this was widespread.
    Depends on what you call widespread
    05-04-2018 04:58 PM
    Anyone who has tried the Android P beta, has this issue been resolved? Curious also if the black crush on the regular Pixel 2 has been addressed.
    05-08-2018 03:19 PM
    Anyone who has tried the Android P beta, has this issue been resolved? Curious also if the black crush on the regular Pixel 2 has been addressed.
    I want to know this as well
    05-08-2018 03:50 PM

The gradient is gone on the bottom in Android P
    05-08-2018 04:05 PM
    The gradient is gone on the bottom in Android P
    Thanks. What about the black crush / blotchiness when watching content? If these are both resolved I may just buy a Pixel 2 again.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/go...pixel-2-a.html
    05-08-2018 04:38 PM
    Thanks. What about the black crush / blotchiness when watching content? If these are both resolved I may just buy a Pixel 2 again.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/go...pixel-2-a.html
    I have a 2XL
    05-08-2018 04:54 PM
    I have a 2XL
    Thank you. I posted my question in the Android P beta thread, figured it is better to post over there. Sorry for duplicate questions.
    05-08-2018 05:00 PM
    It's faintly white but it's there on Android P when switching apps.
    08-07-2018 02:09 AM
50 12