Now I'm in trouble

alodar101

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
so last night I went to dinner with family. next to me say someone with a note 8. after a while of pic taking and hey Google looking up stories and facts, he put this phone down and was staring at my phone... watching it all. he finally asked what is that. I said the pixel 2xl. he said... the one with the messed up screen? I just handed him the phone. in a very short time he asked... where's the messed up screen. he finally said... oh..I see the blue tint. I picked up his phone, went to the same page... and showed him his blue tint. he was shocked.

he then went went on to explain he uses the note for work and many of the functions on the device help with his work. all I said was, I'm sure you're right. then a song popped up in the background and playing now picked it up. reaction, priceless... but that's a different story

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
so last night I went to dinner with family. next to me say someone with a note 8. after a while of pic taking and hey Google looking up stories and facts, he put this phone down and was staring at my phone... watching it all. he finally asked what is that. I said the pixel 2xl. he said... the one with the messed up screen? I just handed him the phone. in a very short time he asked... where's the messed up screen. he finally said... oh..I see the blue tint. I picked up his phone, went to the same page... and showed him his blue tint. he was shocked.

he then went went on to explain he uses the note for work and many of the functions on the device help with his work. all I said was, I'm sure you're right. then a song popped up in the background and playing now picked it up. reaction, priceless... but that's a different story

Your story is awesome lol. How is the p2xl? Ordering mine shortly, currently have a note 8 on tmo jump.. the work around on this plan is to downgrade to a super cheap phone then pay it off outright in order to get out of the plan.

I'm excited to try the pixel, I think it'll properly suit my needs.

alodar101

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Your story is awesome lol. How is the p2xl? Ordering mine shortly, currently have a note 8 on tmo jump.. the work around on this plan is to downgrade to a super cheap phone then pay it off outright in order to get out of the plan.

I'm excited to try the pixel, I think it'll properly suit my needs.

I'm lucky...I have the old T-Mobile jump on demand plan. That means a new phone every 30 days if I want. I'm thinking of swapping out the note 8 for the iPhone x. Not that I want an iPhone... It's that the note just sits there now.. Gathering dust. I turn it on every once in a while...

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm lucky...I have the old T-Mobile jump on demand plan. That means a new phone every 30 days if I want. I'm thinking of swapping out the note 8 for the iPhone x. Not that I want an iPhone... It's that the note just sits there now.. Gathering dust. I turn it on every once in a while...

So how's the p2xl treating You? Still no regrets coming from a note 8?

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I am similar but not retired yet! My 3 phones are the 2XL, V30 and IPX.

I did have an S8+ last year that my daughter nabbed off me and she recently asked me to sell it for her(to get an iPhone!) I could not resist setting it up again before packing it up. I was surprised at how sluggish it felt vs the pixel, not something you'd notice in isolation but going between the two it really jumped out. Damn though it did feel great in the hand (until I tried to use the FPS!!)

I think that the pixel is function over form for sure and maybe more than it needs to be in 2018, I would for example much rather lose those dual speakers and reduce the overall footprint. The only comparable droid though in terms of performance is the OP5/5T.

IMO all the time that Samsung et-al have a 6 month lag for updates then google has a free run at it. If I was Samsung or LG or any other manufacturer I'd be focussing on that big time, if say LG went vanilla with the V40 and we were looking at a short lead time on updates then imo that would be a big deal. That is another conversation though!

Enjoy your 2XL

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc