11-18-2017 08:24 PM
38 12
tools
    Does anyone here own a pair of bluetooth wireless earbuds they could recommend to pair with the Pixel 2/2 XL, or avoid for that matter? When I say wireless, I mean no wires connecting the earbuds together. So, the Pixel Buds don't apply here.

Ones I've seen so far that I might consider are the Samsung Gear IconX or the Bose Soundsport Free, but they're both on the high side on cost...I'd prefer something under $100 or so. Also, I want the battery life on these to be decent. 5-6 hours is ideal, 1-2 is not. Thanks in advance!
    11-03-2017 12:49 PM
    For under $100? IDK how realistic that is, man...
    11-03-2017 12:50 PM
    For under $100? IDK how realistic that is, man...
    Well here's an example, the Treblab X11: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LWS2Z8E...cUvbUpU6052130

It's just under $40. Has 6 hours of claimed battery life, and supposedly has good sound quality.
    11-03-2017 01:03 PM
    Although there are new models available from the same manufacturer, I really like my JayBird X2's; I wear them at the gym five mornings a week and recharge them at some point over the weekend. Great sound, great battery life, very comfortable.

You can buy them refurbished at Amazon for just $76.99 with free shipping - https://www.amazon.com/Jaybird-Sport...cUvbUpU6052147

And, presuming they follow Amazon's generous returns policy, you can always return for credit if you don't like.

If you are willing to break your budget, you can still find brand-new X2's or consider the more recent X3's at around $130. Honestly, the one thing I do not like about the X3's is that they use a funky (and easily lost/forgotten) charging cradle wheres the X2's use a standard micro-USB cable.
    dmark44 and cert15z like this.
    11-03-2017 01:10 PM
    I love my LG tones OMG they are comfortable granted some can be expensive like I have the platinums which cost around 170 but they have tons that are cheaper and still sound great
    11-03-2017 01:13 PM
    I bought my Jaybird X3 headphones for $99 during a sale (they're currently $129). I had gone through about 4 cheaper pairs first, but the Jaybirds fit so perfectly and sound great. Also stay in great during workouts.
    cert15z and DMP89145 like this.
    11-03-2017 02:03 PM
    The Bragi Dash works great for me..... If you watch Groupon, you can find refurbished units there for under 100.
    11-03-2017 02:39 PM
    If you are willing to break your budget, you can still find brand-new X2's or consider the more recent X3's at around $130. Honestly, the one thing I do not like about the X3's is that they use a funky (and easily lost/forgotten) charging cradle wheres the X2's use a standard micro-USB cable.
    It still has wires though. That being said, I've considered those or the older X2.

The Bragi Dash works great for me..... If you watch Groupon, you can find refurbished units there for under 100.
    I was considering the Bragi Headphones, which isn't waterproof (only sweatproof), but does have 6 hours of battery life. That or the Dash I could look into though.
    11-03-2017 03:05 PM
    It still has wires though. That being said, I've considered those or the older X2.
    I don't think I would ever be willing to go with so-called "true wireless" earbuds. The risk of losing one of them is just way too high, in my opinion.

Not to mention shorter battery life...
    jsarino likes this.
    11-03-2017 03:09 PM
    Well here's an example, the Treblab X11: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LWS2Z8E...cUvbUpU6052333

It's just under $40. Has 6 hours of claimed battery life, and supposedly has good sound quality.
    I tried the X11 based on reviews but I can't recommend them. Sound is mediocre, build quality feels cheep, battery life is more like 4 hours and there's no volume control. I'd recommend the Jaybird X2 or X3 if you can live with the cord. Excellent sound quality, 7+ hrs battery life , pretty comfortable, in line control for volume, skip, etc., sweat resistant and good range.
    jsarino likes this.
    11-03-2017 03:23 PM
    Although I love the Bragi Dash (with leash to prevent loss), I do have a set of the Pixel Buds on order... As much as I like the though of "wireless"... I am always afraid of losing one of the buds...
    jsarino likes this.
    11-03-2017 03:34 PM
    Although I love the Bragi Dash (with leash to prevent loss), I do have a set of the Pixel Buds on order... As much as I like the though of "wireless"... I am always afraid of losing one of the buds...
    Do you find that the Dash work well outside? I have a pair and they suck outside. Constant skipping. A little better inside where they can bounce the signal off of walls I guess.
    11-03-2017 06:15 PM
    I tried the X11 based on reviews but I can't recommend them. Sound is mediocre, build quality feels cheep, battery life is more like 4 hours and there's no volume control. I'd recommend the Jaybird X2 or X3 if you can live with the cord. Excellent sound quality, 7+ hrs battery life , pretty comfortable, in line control for volume, skip, etc., sweat resistant and good range.
    Thanks for your thoughts on this.
    11-03-2017 07:40 PM
    I use jlab epic headphones. I can use these for a week of spin class without charging. They sit comfortable in my ear.
    11-03-2017 09:12 PM
    hands down Beats wireless powerbeats 3! You can get them on ebay less then $100!

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=0ibb0-v3
    11-03-2017 09:25 PM
    I ended up getting the Bragi The Headphone https://www.bragi.com/theheadphone/

I can post an update once I get it to give you all a review. Thanks for all the suggestions!
    11-03-2017 10:18 PM
    These are not wireless between the buds but they are really great headphones for the price... They sound good with good bass and they have great volume. For they price and sound quality they are hard to beat.

SENSO Bluetooth Headphones, Best Wireless Sports Earphones w/ Mic IPX7 Waterproof HD Stereo Sweatproof Earbuds for Gym Running Workout 8 Hour Battery Noise Cancelling Headsets https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G8JO5F2...cUvbUpU6052920

I actually prefer wireless buds that are connected, it's nice to be able to take one or both out and let hang.
    jsarino and Makad like this.
    11-03-2017 10:37 PM
    Costco has the Bragi Headphone for $100: https://www.costco.com/Bragi---The-H...100351967.html
    jsarino likes this.
    11-03-2017 11:41 PM
    Costco has the Bragi Headphone for $100: https://www.costco.com/Bragi---The-H...100351967.html
    Not bad! I got mine thru eBay as a refurb for almost half the cost.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-04-2017 12:57 AM
    These are not wireless between the buds but they are really great headphones for the price... They sound good with good bass and they have great volume. For they price and sound quality they are hard to beat.

SENSO Bluetooth Headphones, Best Wireless Sports Earphones w/ Mic IPX7 Waterproof HD Stereo Sweatproof Earbuds for Gym Running Workout 8 Hour Battery Noise Cancelling Headsets https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G8JO5F2...cUvbUpU6053283

I actually prefer wireless buds that are connected, it's nice to be able to take one or both out and let hang.
    This is a very good point. I often do exactly that at the gym, especially if the person on the treadmill to my left or right wants to engage in conversation.
    11-04-2017 07:29 AM
    Does anyone here own a pair of bluetooth wireless earbuds they could recommend to pair with the Pixel 2/2 XL, or avoid for that matter? When I say wireless, I mean no wires connecting the earbuds together. So, the Pixel Buds don't apply here.

Ones I've seen so far that I might consider are the Samsung Gear IconX or the Bose Soundsport Free, but they're both on the high side on cost...I'd prefer something under $100 or so. Also, I want the battery life on these to be decent. 5-6 hours is ideal, 1-2 is not. Thanks in advance!

Take a look at Jaybird X3 Sport – Best Sport Earbuds

Overall the build quality feels more premium the accent of metal and chrome on the ends adds a nice touch and the plastic has a nice coating to give it some texture. It’s water resistant and jaybird offers lifetime sweat proof warranty. At the end of each earbud is the battery and essentially the antenna has moved down to the inline controller. The previous models used a micro USB cord to charge the earphones.
    The X3 does unfortunately require a special attachment. If you do travel and you just didn’t bring that attachment, you simply can’t charge it. Most other sport earphones are still using the micro USB port which is highly convenient. Jaybird is claiming up to 8 hours of use which is still the industry’s operand of battery performance. I was able to get 8 hours and 23 minutes of use at about 50% volume.

One of the features that jaybird is promoting it’s a first for the x-series its smaller profile. It sticks out less and for the average consumer I do notice the weight isn’t pulling the earbuds out of my ears as much as the previous generation. This helps a lot with having the ear buds remain more stable while wearing.
    jsarino likes this.
    11-05-2017 10:59 AM
    Thought I'd update this. Bragi The Headphones arrived the other day, and I'm just now trying it out...

Too bad it doesn't show the "motion on" pic of this blinking. Anyways, sounds good so far. Has some decent bass too. While I was writing this and listening to music, my wife calls in. I took the call and though it sounds somewhat muffled as I spoke, from her perspective it sounded like I was on speaker, but really clear. So seems like it works well for calls too.

Edit: I will add that noise cancelling-wise, it shuts out outside noise decently. It also allows for audio transparency, where you can hear outside noises. It's not noisy enough around here at the office to test that, will have to try that at home with the noisy kids.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-14-2017 05:02 PM
    Thought I'd update this. Bragi The Headphones arrived the other day, and I'm just now trying it out...
    https://i.imgur.com/vaUim3R.jpg

Too bad it doesn't show the "motion on" pic of this blinking. Anyways, sounds good so far. Has some decent bass too. While I was writing this and listening to music, my wife calls in. I took the call and though it sounds somewhat muffled as I spoke, from her perspective it sounded like I was on speaker, but really clear. So seems like it works well for calls too.

Edit: I will add that noise cancelling-wise, it shuts out outside noise decently. It also allows for audio transparency, where you can hear outside noises. It's not noisy enough around here at the office to test that, will have to try that at home with the noisy kids.
    Thanks for the info. I knew the Dash had a setting to allow external noise through, but wasn't sure about the Headphones model.

I am perfectly happy with a wire between the buds, but advanced features like that (that are exclusive to the wire-free models) have me interested. That and storing them in a charging case. The pixel buds charge in a case but you have to wrap up the cord
    11-14-2017 05:26 PM
    I have a terrible time finding comfortable buds that stay in my ears while running or even walking!
    11-14-2017 05:55 PM
    I have a terrible time finding comfortable buds that stay in my ears while running or even walking!
    What ones have you tried so far?
    11-14-2017 06:21 PM
38 12