07-13-2018 10:32 PM
35 12
tools
    When I receive a text I can see the text that came through and respond. if I try to access a previous message from that person it tells me to check my phone.
    I will try to refrain from checking texts on my watch until I receive a few today to see if I can access multiple texts. I always check them pretty quickly so I can't remember how multiple work.
    03-24-2018 09:15 AM
    You can use your points now through the gear app. They will still be there if you get a galaxy phone and accessable in the full app also.
    03-24-2018 09:16 AM
    Thanks JR! This is of key interest to me and I really appreciate your reply and assistance.

Could you clarify a little more on the Samsung points? Are you saying that with the S3 and Pixel combo, that you may accrue as well as spend just as one could with a Samsung phone could? Or, are you saying you can accrue, but the redemption options would be limited and that the points could just sit there until you had a Galaxy phone to redeem?

Many thanks again.
    03-24-2018 04:16 PM
    Checking for updates.
    03-26-2018 11:18 AM
    You can accrue points by using the watch to make purchases. You can then use the gear app to redeem those points. This wasn't an option back when I first got the pixel at launch but Samsung updated the app around Nov/Dec to allow the gear phone app to redeem points.
    03-26-2018 08:04 PM
    The watch only shows the most recent text and no conversation thread either. Not sure if downloading the Samsung messenger would add the ability ability back in.
    03-26-2018 08:06 PM
    The watch only shows the most recent text and no conversation thread either. Not sure if downloading the Samsung messenger would add the ability ability back in.
    Thanks JR and I think I follow now. Seems like I saw somewhere (maybe in the Wearable/Samsung S3 forum) that folks were able to get message threads on the S3 paired with a non-Samsung phone, I believe using Textra. Might be worth a try.
    03-27-2018 09:11 AM
    Thanks JR and I think I follow now. Seems like I saw somewhere (maybe in the Wearable/Samsung S3 forum) that folks were able to get message threads on the S3 paired with a non-Samsung phone, I believe using Textra. Might be worth a try.
    Textra shows message threads on the watch. Confirmed.

Everything works fine with Pixel 2XL and Gear 3 except if I make a phone call with the watch connected. The person at the other end and I can not hear each other. So I need to remember to turn off bluetooth when making a call so the watch disconnects.

Answering calls seems to work properly most of the time.
    03-27-2018 10:30 AM
    I've had my Pixel 2 for a month now and I've had my Samsung S3 Frontier working with the phone since.

one thing i have noticed is i have my phone synced to my car and I'd say about 70-75% of the time, my car wont connect to my phone if i have my watch with me. i found it worked if i turn off my watch, start my car or search for my phone in my car and then turn on my watch. this never happened to me while using my Samsung S7 Edge.
    07-10-2018 10:17 AM
    I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but it's about as good as any, I guess..

I have an S2 Classic and am on the P beta. After upgrading to P, the watch continued to work. Until, that is, I did a factory reset on my Pixel 2 XL. Now, the Gear S app crashes every time I try to pair the phone with the watch. My guess is that, if your watch is already paired when you go to P, you're OK, but there's some incompatibility between the app and P when it comes to pairing. I'd like to hope Samsung will eventually address this, but, given that there hasn't been an app update since last November, I'm not counting on it.
    07-13-2018 10:32 PM
35 12