Can't get phone to ring on incoming calls

Knightmayre90

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I may be way off but hit the volume up and check the bell icon shows at the end of the volume slider graphic and not the vibrate icon. it could be a simple as that for some. if it is, hit the icon to toggle to sound.

daweasels

Mar 11, 2018
Visit site
I have some additional information on this issue. I just got a new Pixel 2 XL. IT DOES NOT RING! Does not matter whether I use stock or custom ringtone BUT if I go to contacts and assign a custom ringtone to a user...it rings perfectly. I'm going to check out if the Samsung S8 XL has a ring problem and if not, I am returning my phone to the vendor as there is obviously no desire to address the issue by Google. No word. No comment. No update on an issue that was posted in NOVEMBER. Better to deal with the bloat than a phone that won't ring. Google..this is kinda a MAJOR issue to ignore.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I've had the same issue on my 6P with 8.1. The phone wouldn't ring, nor would I hear notification sounds. I did a hard reset through Recovery and it's working again.

Tyler Wakeland

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
What apps

I knew that you could silence an incoming call using the squeeze feature (I use that frequently) but I didn't think you could turn on DND by simply squeezing.

What apps do you all have installed that are downloaded... I am wondering if its an app causing the issue? Can someone with the issue post what apps they use besides the ones that come with the phone... Nothing is working to fix this issues, I had the issue on my old Pixel XL now I have a new Pixel XL and have the issue again... WTF...

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: What apps

I am wondering if its an app causing the issue?
Can someone with the issue post what apps they use besides the ones that come with the phone.
If you think it may be a 3rd party application causing the problem simply reboot into Safe mode and see if it works properly; Safe mode prevents all 3rd party applications from running.
Since YOU are having the problem you could post a list of 3rd party applications that you're using and perhaps someone else will comment on something in the list. You could use something like Share Apps https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.theronrogers.shareapps to generate such a list.

Tyler Wakeland

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site

The problem with using safe mode my business and the way I make money revolves around Trello (inventory tracking, Slack, and emailing... I dont have time to mess with safe mode... I used safe mode for as long as I could yesterday. So that was a good 8 hours plus night time bleeding into this morning and oddly enough I missed txt messages without being notified or any sound what so ever while in safemode... I uninstalled updates then disabled Google Phone and Google Messaging hoping this will fix it... See if using Textra and Drupe will have any luck.. This is so f***ing annoying...

My phone was working just fine for over a year with all of these apps. The only thing that's really changed is the new OS... Soooooo annoying!!!!!!!!!!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

and oddly enough I missed txt messages without being notified or any sound what so ever while in safemode
And you checked your Volume settings and verified that they're turned up?
You're not only having problems with phone calls not ringing, but also not hearing notification sounds? Any other audio that's not occurring?
a467295754170368947745afdc730eb0.jpg

Apr 9, 2018
Visit site

There is an ongoing issue with ringing for incoming phone calls and notifications for incoming text messages. It is not a silly user error, such as volume set too low or do not disturb being on. It also is not due to a custom ringtone. I've had this problem for about six weeks. It is intermittent. Rebooting fixes for a while, but then it comes back. I have an original Pixel purchased directly from Google. I never had the slightest problem until fairly recently. I've been having all sorts of problems for the last two months or so. All day today the phone vibrates for a phone call or text message, but emits no sound. Worked fine yesterday. Will probably work again after I reboot. It is extremely frustrating that Google has not fixed this yet.

EZRiderF6C

Apr 23, 2018
Visit site
I have never had a problem with my PIXEL XL until I installed 8.1 and now, no matter what it does not ring on incoming phone call. I have tried everything. It is an issue in 8.1. I even replaced my phone worked until I upgraded to 8.1. if they don't fix it I'm going back to Samsung.

jdeboer574

Apr 25, 2018
Visit site
I have a Motorola Moto G android phone. It sometimes goes into a mode where it does not ring, even though settings are correct. After hours searching the internet, I came across the solution: Install the SoundAbout app. Works like a charm. It seems that after playing podcasts through a headset, the phone gets confused about the audio outputs, and thinks you still have the headset connected.

I thought I'd post the solution here, since it was hard to find this advice.

swamp

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a Motorola Moto G android phone. It sometimes goes into a mode where it does not ring, even though settings are correct. After hours searching the internet, I came across the solution: Install the SoundAbout app. Works like a charm. It seems that after playing podcasts through a headset, the phone gets confused about the audio outputs, and thinks you still have the headset connected.

I thought I'd post the solution here, since it was hard to find this advice.

App immediately force closes itself on Oreo 8.1 on Nexus 6P. Bummer. This problem really sucks... Thanks for posting, hope it helps some people.

swamp

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
For a while placing the phone in 3G mode instead of 4G corrected this problem. Then, without any other major changes that stopped working. I then was exploring Google Voice App and call forwarding settings. I found that reverting the unanswered call forward (voice mail) setting from GV back to carrier standard and back again to GV is another workaround. However, call still do not ring with 4G.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc