I saw a P2XL in Carphone Warehouse in the UK a while back and the screen looked pretty bad. I bought a Pixel 2 and I've been very happy with it, even coming from a Pixel XL. However, I've just been into another Carphone Warehouse today and looked at another P2XL and the screen looked perfect. I tried everything to make it look bad and I couldn't really notice a blue tint either. So, I've got 4 days left to return my Pixel and order an XL, and hope burn in won't be bad further down the line. Anyone else done this?

For reference for all those talking battery stats, here's my Pixel 2 right now. Impressive I reckon, but it's no P2XL.
    Attached Thumbnails Well now I'm tempted to go P2 to P2XL...-4452.jpg  
    11-05-2017 06:56 AM
    I've had my 2XL since Wednesday. I think it's amazing.

A slight blue tint that's really only noticable on white screens and if you're looking for it.

I haven't seen any issues with the screen otherwise. No speaker ticking sounds either.

Perhaps there were a larger than normal amount of defective devices in a particle batch, and that batch just happened to be the first ones out the door.

This phone flies, and the camera is truly amazing.

Only issue I've encountered is getting it to connect to Android Auto in my car, which seems like something that should work out of the box without any software updates.
    alodar101, husslord and csiguy1 like this.
    11-05-2017 07:01 AM
    I've had my 2XL since Wednesday. I think it's amazing.

A slight blue tint that's really only noticable on white screens and if you're looking for it.

I haven't seen any issues with the screen otherwise. No speaker ticking sounds either.

Perhaps there were a larger than normal amount of defective devices in a particle batch, and that batch just happened to be the first ones out the door.

This phone flies, and the camera is truly amazing.

Only issue I've encountered is getting it to connect to Android Auto in my car, which seems like something that should work out of the box without any software updates.
    That's good to know. I've had no car Bluetooth issues with my PXL or P2 so far.

That XL screen looked so good, even at minimal brightness on a white Chrome page. Think I might have to give it a go. Opinion on the screen Seema to be split 50/50. I guess if I don't try and live with one I'll never know...
    11-05-2017 07:32 AM
    Bluetooth in the car is fine... It's projecting Android auto onto the car's touch screen that is wonky
    11-05-2017 07:41 AM
    Mine came Friday, as mentioned, the blue is only visible when viewing a white screen. All OLED screens have this to some degree. I like the more muted colors of the screen. Battery life on this compared to the OG Pixel that this is replacing is incredible. It's big, that is for sure.
    11-05-2017 07:53 AM
    Agreed on the battery life... I've been hammering away it pretty hard and it's getting me till the end of the day with a plenty of battery left.
    11-05-2017 07:54 AM
    Same, exactly. I've stopped looking for color/screens issues. They were either batch related or over blown. Only thing I miss from the note 8 is Samsung pay.
    11-05-2017 09:02 AM
    I use Samsung pay with my S3 Frontier watch on my pixel 2 works every time just can't collect Rewards I do earn points though^^^
    11-05-2017 09:05 AM
    I use Samsung pay with my S3 Frontier watch on my pixel 2 works every time just can't collect Rewards I do earn points though^^^
    How did u install samsung pay? I cant find in play store for some odd reason
    11-05-2017 09:16 AM
    How did u install samsung pay? I cant find in play store for some odd reason
    It's the Gear app for the watch has SP in it , you can't install it on a none Samsung phone.
    11-05-2017 09:55 AM
    It's the Gear app for the watch has SP in it , you can't install it on a none Samsung phone.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b0537c9f6b.jpg
    Ahhh ok i see now.. I have all my membership cards in samsung pay and I thought I can install app.
    11-05-2017 09:56 AM
    Bluetooth in the car is fine... It's projecting Android auto onto the car's touch screen that is wonky
    AA has been working better on the 2XL then it did on the 6P. On my 6P it would get into a state where I couldn't get it to connect even after power cycles of the phone, that doesn't happen with the 2XL. So far it's always connected right away with no fiddling. I've had one instance where the bluetooth wasn't functioning for phone calls but it was for music, the fix was to disconnect the phone and then disconnect and then reconnect to the car's bluetooth.

My car is a 2017 Chevy Volt so I would expect it to work very well with any GM car that supports AA.
    11-05-2017 04:33 PM
    I deleted everything and restarted... Connecting through AA before pairing with Bluetooth and that worked, for now.
    11-05-2017 04:42 PM