November Security Update (Also Saturation/Nav Bar Fade Update)

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: November Security Update

Which part is incorrect?

That there are 2 versions. Updates come from Google. As had already been mentioned, you could take your Verizon Pixel 2, bring it to another carrier, get it connected to that carrier's system, and you'd still get the same update as all the other Pixel 2s on the planet.

People who are only activated on Project Fi are getting updates also. Today. Same day. Same update.

Granted, Google will roll these updates out gradually, they don't want all Pixels hitting their servers at the same time. So there could be a few hours delay, maybe even as long as a day. But that's not because of some "testing" that Verizon is doing.

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site

That there are 2 versions.

Then why are there 2 different build numbers listed - see my post #35 ?

I've had Google Pixels and Verizon Pixels - the Google Pixels do not get the My Verizon , Messenger +, or go90 apps, which the Verizon Pixels do.

What am I missing here? Must have eaten too much pepper spray during my CO career with CT DOC - :eek:

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site

I know. You are mistaken. Verizon obviously did "announce" the update, but it is coming from Google, not from Verizon.

We will agree to disagree on this point.

It does have to go through VZW testing, however..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171106-192217.jpg
    Screenshot_20171106-192217.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 115

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

Check out this web page:

https://developers.google.com/android/images

This is where you can download the images. Notice that all build numbers are available here. This is a page on a Google server.

The updates are coming from Google.

As for the specific carrier build numbers, it's not all that difficult to believe that there is specific code necessary for certain carrier's system. But the updates are coming from Google.

If verizon is in fact doing "testing" they must get it done well in advance, because all builds are released at the same time.

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

Right, I have uninstalled them.
Right now I have an unlocked Google Pixel 2 with the Verizon sim - anxious to see what I get for an update.

You have the exact same phone that I have. You'll get the same update I got.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

My Verizon sim is in the box Cricket SIM installed no version anything on the phone to uninstall, locked bootloader purchased at Best Buy.
Waiting impatiently for the update I guess I won't see it till tomorrow

Larzuk

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Google Update

Hi Friends, Question for you all..Does Google's latest update give us immersive mode? When they say the Nav bar fades in and out, Does it do so in a manner like the S8+? Black bar, buttons and all, Entirely, Or does it simply dim?

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

Now I'm vacillating between Boosted and Saturated...

I just can't make up my mind.

Apps like Google Photos should call in the wide gamut and display as accurately as possible, right? I mean, this decision really only impacts the look of the home screen and apps that don't specifically call in the wide gamut, right? Anyone know if YouTube calls in the wide gamut?

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Google Update

Hi Friends, Question for you all..Does Google's latest update give us immersive mode? When they say the Nav bar fades in and out, Does it do so in a manner like the S8+? Black bar, buttons and all, Entirely, Or does it simply dim?

the nav buttons dim to a gray. And so far only in apps, not on the home screen.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I am on beta so no update yet. When I do get the update I will most likely keep the screen as is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000