My P2XL has been literally flawless (minus a bit a blue hue...but I digress...) but, since we all do things a bit differently, here's the first real technical issue I've encountered:

I used my phone plugged into a studio monitor tonight for the first time. I play guitar so this is how I usually handle music for play-along time. I noted that the output appears to be clipping really badly at max volume. My signal chain goes: the USB-C dongle -> 1/8" -> into an XLR input on the monitor. Granted that my monitor doesn't have a lot of gain which drives me to max out the phone's output but this worked perfectly with my 6P. I have used earphones but, believe it or not, I value my hearing so I haven't tested them with earphones in.

Has anyone else noticed the output DAC clipping or is this maybe something wrong with my one phone?

PS - the phone's speakers aren't clipping at max volume. It's tinny of course but that's expected with something with, what(?), 1/4" drivers. 8-)
    11-07-2017 09:41 PM
    You'll probably have to at least try the phone with headphones to see if there's a lot of distortion when listening that way.

I suspect that the phone alone doesn't have enough gumption to drive your monitor.

Maybe a headphone amp could help?
    11-07-2017 09:51 PM
    Yeah. I'll have to try some intermediary amplification signal conditioning. Though the 6P could drive at it's maximum output without distortion the P2XL evidently can not. The audio is great via bluetooth and at the max volume I can stand via wired headphones.
    11-07-2017 09:59 PM
    I should have mentioned that it (I'm only using one) is a powered monitor so it's not like I'm expecting the phone to drive an 8" speaker. 8-)
    11-07-2017 10:01 PM