No Black Friday deals on the Pixel 2 at Best Buy

Garemlin

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Best Buy's Black Friday ad just came out a few hours ago. No Pixel 2 deals. So I guess we'll see if VZW does anything.

evo4gMN

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I agree I am very bummed. I was hoping for a Black Friday deal. I didn't want to mess with the Verizon $300 trade in off for my S7 since I hate how Verizon amortizes the amount over 24 months and I like to upgrade each year. But now I'm wondering if I should just do that so I don't miss out and not get a deal at all. I would love others opinions on if they think I/we should still wait for a BF deal.

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
I don't see why anyone would think a phone from google that's been out less than a month would get any type of significant discount so soon. It happened last year but that's because it wasn't selling well out of the gate due to supply constraints, and it was the first phone from google so they wanted to get their name out there as a hardware manufacturer.

evo4gMN

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Thank you! Fingers crossed the Pixel 2 xl will start sneaking in some deals. When I chatted with a Verizon agent they told me the trade in offers they have now expire on the 15th. Who knows if that person knew what they were talking about or not but it's what I'm going off of. So I will give it until than to see what else might show up

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
When I chatted with a Verizon agent they told me the trade in offers they have now expire on the 15th.

Don't know when Google's will expire, but that's the reason why I had No Reservations getting mine now. Got 350 for the original pixel, and didn't want to mess with selling it on my own

Garemlin

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't see why anyone would think a phone from google that's been out less than a month would get any type of significant discount so soon. It happened last year but that's because it wasn't selling well out of the gate due to supply constraints, and it was the first phone from google so they wanted to get their name out there as a hardware manufacturer.

A. Because they did last year
B. Because I'm sure all of the reported issues have hurt sales. A lower price may tempt those that were on the fence.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping at the least there will be a $100 off offer like they already offered at launch (for the 2 only.) Of course, I would like to see even better deals over the holiday season.

evo4gMN

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping at the least there will be a $100 off offer like they already offered at launch (for the 2 only.) Of course, I would like to see even better deals over the holiday season.

I agree something would be good. Does anyone remember how far in advance Verizon or anyone announced their BF deals last year? Should we have seen them by now?

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I agree something would be good. Does anyone remember how far in advance Verizon or anyone announced their BF deals last year? Should we have seen them by now?
I am not sure. I was asking about the OG Pixel at Best Buy last year, I only knew that Best Buy was offering a $100 gift card with it. When the rep told me that the Pixel was also discounted to $10/month, it was news to me - very good news! :)

Then I saw Verizon advertising that deal the next day.

evo4gMN

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure. I was asking about the OG Pixel at Best Buy last year, I only knew that Best Buy was offering a $100 gift card with it. When the rep told me that the Pixel was also discounted to $10/month, it was news to me - very good news! :)

Then I saw Verizon advertising that deal the next day.

I think i will let the trade in deal from Verizon lapse for me on the 15th and hold out hope for a Black Friday deal from someone

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Because they did it last year. And there being supply constraints would be a reason to not discount it. If there were no demand, then supply would increase thus they would need to lower the price to increase demand.
There was no deals last year, so why would there be any this year?
There were deals last year, not sure how you missed it.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy's Black Friday ad just came out a few hours ago. No Pixel 2 deals. So I guess we'll see if VZW does anything.
Just so you know, the Pixel deal wasn't in the Best Buy Black Friday ad last year. I even just went back through a 2016 ad to check to make sure I was remembering correctly. It'll probably just pop up on the website if it's going to happen. That's essentially what happened last year. I'm not going to give up hope.

evo4gMN

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Just so you know, the Pixel deal wasn't in the Best Buy Black Friday ad last year. I even just went back through a 2016 ad to check to make sure I was remembering correctly. It'll probably just pop up on the website if it's going to happen. That's essentially what happened last year. I'm not going to give up hope.

I'm with you. I'm not giving up hope! I want this phone bad and just hate how Verizon handles their trade in promotion. I need something better to look forward to haha

Garemlin

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Well looks like Black Friday came early. VZW is offering up to 50% off both the Pixel 2 and the XL with eligible trade in. The now normal discount broken up over two years applies.

12973d9e6dd6d460d78bec446f5643bc.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams