Out of curiosity, why is there a combined forum for the 2 and 2XL? These are radically different phones in size and design. Two completely different manufacturers with different components.

Issues seen and discussed with one model have no correlation to the other model which may confuse the different owner groups.

What do y'all think? Should the forums be split?
    AnnDroid likes this.
    11-08-2017 08:24 PM
    Out of curiosity, why is there a combined forum for the 2 and 2XL? These are radically different phones in size and design. Two completely different manufacturers with different components.

Issues seen and discussed with one model have no correlation to the other model which may confuse the different owner groups.

What do y'all think? Should the forums be split?
    Too may software/operational questions that would apply to both - this avoids posting in both forums and gets the most number of combined eyes on the question.
    Almeuit, gabbott and Ry like this.
    11-08-2017 08:31 PM
    There aren't enough differences to warrant two forums. The only true difference is screen size and battery... Otherwise they're identical.
    Orion78 and gabbott like this.
    11-08-2017 09:14 PM
    There aren't enough differences to warrant two forums. The only true difference is screen size and battery... Otherwise they're identical.
    That's not really true with this year's Pixels. If the 2 XL had not received so many "issues" compared to the regular Pixel 2 I might have agreed. These phones were made by different manufacture's and deserve separate forums.

I don't disagree with you a lot but on this one I do. I really don't want to wade through topics that are for the regular Pixel 2.
    Wiley_11 likes this.
    11-08-2017 09:28 PM
    That's not really true with this year's Pixels. If the 2 XL had not received so many "issues" compared to the regular Pixel 2 I might have agreed. These phones were made by different manufacture's and deserve separate forums.

I don't disagree with you a lot but on this one I do. I really don't want to wade through topics that are for the regular Pixel 2.
    I just don't really agree that it's a huge difference to warrant an entire separate forum. Yes a few issues are limited to a specific model but that's solved by a thread title being proper.. not separating the entire forum.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-08-2017 09:30 PM
    I think the forums are better together. I like the one stop shopping😀
    Ry, Orion78 and gabbott like this.
    11-08-2017 09:30 PM
    There's two sizes and one manufacturer of one line of phones. LG and HTC just own the assembly lines, they are not LG and HTC phones. These are not Nexus phones. These are both Google Pixel devices.
    Orion78 likes this.
    11-08-2017 09:32 PM
    I think having two separate ones would increase the amount of threads posted into the wrong forum so I think it's good just the way they are. In addition there are a lot of commonalities in terms of software. Furthermore, if you're trying to decide between the two and you post a thread comparing the two, which forum does it belong in? This also eliminates a lot of duplicate threads in two different forums.
    Ry and gabbott like this.
    11-08-2017 09:37 PM
    Yeah, one eliminates a lot of double posts. It just so happens that the majority of launch issues were related to one of the few components these two phones do not share. But the bulk are common... Questions about the camera, or pixel exclusive features, etc...
    11-08-2017 09:47 PM
    I'm with the combined forum
    anon(10274434) and gabbott like this.
    11-09-2017 02:11 AM
    I like the combined forum. I think the mods made a good decision.
    anon(10274434) and gabbott like this.
    11-09-2017 06:29 AM
    Definitely agree about the combination.
    11-09-2017 10:02 AM
    As one of the instigators (https://forums.androidcentral.com/si...xl-boards.html) of combining the Pixel and Pixel XL forums (they were originally two separate forums), I obviously believe that turned out pretty well.

Regards the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, I can see that the differences between the devices are a bit more substantial and am less certain of which would be the better format in this case.
    11-09-2017 10:13 AM