No voicemail notification - VZW

Jay Panwar

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Hello all. Apologies if this has been answered but I was not able to find a similar issue.

I have 2 XL on VZW. Everything works well except that I do not get any VM notifications. However, if I go into the phone app itself, then I will get notified at that point of all the pending VMs or if I am on a call and someone calls in and leaves a VM, I will hear the tone - so basically whenever the phone app itself is being used, I get notified.

I have toggled the VVM off/on a few times with no luck. Was on the phone with VZW for a long time and at this point, my issue is 'escalated'.

Purchased unlocked from Google.

Thank you in advance...

Jay

Jay Panwar

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
An update:

My issue was escalated within VZW on Friday. Over the course of the weekend, I received several text messages stating that my ticket was being worked on.

And since I figured it wouldn't hurt, I performed a reset Friday night itself. Even after the reset, I was still not getting any VM notifications. I called up VZW to at least update the ticket from my side just in case they wanted me to do a wipe.

This morning I received a text that my issue had been resolved - of course not. Nothing had changed.

So, I grudgingly picked up the phone and called them back to let them know that I still was not receiving the VM notifications. Within 30 seconds, I was passed onto their level II again and the the gentleman whom I was speaking to to had me do a few things which again did not fix the problem. He then asked me to power off the phone one last time while he looked at something. He came back less than 30 seconds later and had me power on again and see if the problem was fixed. VOILA!!!

I asked the gentleman what he had done and he said that he deactivated my voicemail account, moved it to a different farm and then re-enabled it.

I do not have [nor will use visual voicemail] but I am getting my messages now.

evo4gMN

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
An update:

My issue was escalated within VZW on Friday. Over the course of the weekend, I received several text messages stating that my ticket was being worked on.

And since I figured it wouldn't hurt, I performed a reset Friday night itself. Even after the reset, I was still not getting any VM notifications. I called up VZW to at least update the ticket from my side just in case they wanted me to do a wipe.

This morning I received a text that my issue had been resolved - of course not. Nothing had changed.

So, I grudgingly picked up the phone and called them back to let them know that I still was not receiving the VM notifications. Within 30 seconds, I was passed onto their level II again and the the gentleman whom I was speaking to to had me do a few things which again did not fix the problem. He then asked me to power off the phone one last time while he looked at something. He came back less than 30 seconds later and had me power on again and see if the problem was fixed. VOILA!!!

I asked the gentleman what he had done and he said that he deactivated my voicemail account, moved it to a different farm and then re-enabled it.

I do not have [nor will use visual voicemail] but I am getting my messages now.

Are you using the stock launcher or something like Nova?

Also, I gave up VZN VM a long time ago when they tried to charge me if I wanted more storage or to voice to text my emails. I jumped on Google voice immediately and haven't turned back. Maybe try using the Google VM? You have to set it up but can use it for your existing number

Jay Panwar

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Are you using the stock launcher or something like Nova?

Also, I gave up VZN VM a long time ago when they tried to charge me if I wanted more storage or to voice to text my emails. I jumped on Google voice immediately and haven't turned back. Maybe try using the Google VM? You have to set it up but can use it for your existing number

I'm using Nova, but as part of troubleshooting had removed it altogether and used stock only for a few hours - did not make a difference.

My last resort was going to be Google VM and I may still go that route, but for now things are ok.

Jay

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
With my OG Pixel XL and my new Pixel 2 XL I found that switching SIMs caused me to loose visual voicemail. Don't know if it's coincidence or not.

When I called VZW, they remove then add back the feature and it works. Again, it's a sample size of two so I can't say that changing the SIM is the cause. But, removing and adding the feature did seem to correct it.