I just got Verizon pixel 2 XL yesterday and I put AT&T SIM right away. I enrolled the beta and get 8.1 update but no November patch yet.

Question is Do I have to use Verizon SIM card to get security patch update or the update come directly from Google?

Thanks.
    11-10-2017 11:47 AM
    You will not receive updates for the beta until next month. That's how the beta program works.
    Question is I don't need to use Verizon SIM to get security patch update right?
    11-10-2017 11:57 AM
    My Pixel 2XL is verizon also. TO answer your question, no you shouldn't have to.
    FFF you shouldn't have downloaded the beta. Google just released their non beta update that adresses the saturation and fading bars(the latter which the beta has of course) and a few other things. I downloaded beta week ago, but you should know once you download the beta, you have to stay on it until the next update(can't do the normal updates ) on the beta, unless you wipe your data and back up again.
    11-11-2017 12:08 AM
    My Pixel 2XL is verizon also. TO answer your question, no shouldn't need the verizon sim for that.
    FFF you shouldn't have downloaded the beta. Google just released their non beta update that adresses the saturation and fading bars(the latter which the beta has of course) and a few other things. I downloaded beta week ago, but you should know once you download the beta, you have to stay on it until the next update(can't do the normal updates ) on the beta, unless you wipe your data and back up again.
    11-11-2017 12:09 AM
    My Pixel 2XL is verizon also. TO answer your question, no shouldn't need the verizon sim for that.
    If I want to get rid of beta I have to do factory reset?
    11-11-2017 12:19 AM
    Yes. This topic has been covered multiple times in different posts. Beta's members don't get the monthly security update at the same time. It isn't pushed out separate and is included in the next beta update, whenever that is. If you want out of the beta, it requires a phone wipe.
    11-11-2017 08:31 AM
    If I want to get rid of beta I have to do factory reset?
    Correct. That is what the big warning was that you had to accept before enrolling into the beta .
    11-11-2017 09:35 AM
    Sorry to create multiple topic. I just got the pixel yesterday so one last question is

Should I stay with Beta? Because even if I do factory reset it is not 100% I will get the November patch right? I see a lot of people still waiting for this patch too.
    11-11-2017 10:02 AM
    Sorry to create multiple topic. I just got the pixel yesterday so one last question is

Should I stay with Beta? Because even if I do factory reset it is not 100% I will get the November patch right? I see a lot of people still waiting for this patch too.
    You'll eventually get it. It's just the typical staged rollout.
    11-11-2017 10:36 AM