I was out and about in a different part of town doing some shopping and errands so I decided to take a look at the Pixel 2 XL again.

First up--Verizon kiosk in large shopping mall. They had the 2 XL on display but it wouldn't turn on. They explained they had just put it out there and "the battery wasn't charged up yet." This was at 12:45 pm.

Second try--Best Buy store. Normal sized standalone full product line store, not an express (smaller) mall store. Did not have a 2 XL on display. Did not have a 2 on display. Had last year's Pixel and Pixel XL on display. Asked a sales associate when they would get the 2's and was told, "I don't know."

Third try. Verizon franchise mall store. Not a corporate store. Had a Pixel 2 on display but not a Pixel 2 XL. I asked to see the 2 XL.

Sales guy: "The Pixel 2 is the same as the 2 XL."

Me: "The screens are different and I wanted to see the screen on the 2 XL."

Sales guy: "I can get a 2 XL from storage if you want to see it."

Me: "Yes, I would like to see it."

(Guy starts going into storage area behind counter.)

Me: "Is it charged up? Will it power on?"

Sales guy: "No, but if you wanted to see the size of the screen you can."

Me: "Never mind." (frustrated) "How do you expect to sell phones if you don't have them out and they won't turn on?"

Sales guy: "It's a new phone."

Me: "Yeah...How do you expect to sell phones if you don't have them out and they won't turn on?"

<Silence as I walk to the door and leave.>
    11-10-2017 03:41 PM
    Wow, just wow!
    I went to the Corporate Verizon store near my place and they had the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL out prominently next to the other iPhone devices. The iPhone X was not out yet on that day.

The funny thing though is they did not have the V30 out. But the T-Mobile store two doors down had the V30.
    11-10-2017 05:10 PM
    Wow, just wow!
    I went to the Corporate Verizon store near my place and they had the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL out prominently next to the other iPhone devices. The iPhone X was not out yet on that day.

The funny thing though is they did not have the V30 out. But the T-Mobile store two doors down had the V30.
    Yes, I've seen the Pixel 2's at a couple of other Best Buys and also the corporate Verizon store near me. I was astonished that this particular BB didn't have them yet.

Just for yuks I went into the Sprint store at the mall and asked about the Galaxy S8 Active. They didn't know what I was talking about and looked at me like I was from Jupiter.
    11-10-2017 05:36 PM
    I was out and about in a different part of town doing some shopping and errands so I decided to take a look at the Pixel 2 XL again.

First up--Verizon kiosk in large shopping mall. They had the 2 XL on display but it wouldn't turn on. They explained they had just put it out there and "the battery wasn't charged up yet." This was at 12:45 pm.

Second try--Best Buy store. Normal sized standalone full product line store, not an express (smaller) mall store. Did not have a 2 XL on display. Did not have a 2 on display. Had last year's Pixel and Pixel XL on display. Asked a sales associate when they would get the 2's and was told, "I don't know."

Third try. Verizon franchise mall store. Not a corporate store. Had a Pixel 2 on display but not a Pixel 2 XL. I asked to see the 2 XL.

Sales guy: "The Pixel 2 is the same as the 2 XL."

Me: "The screens are different and I wanted to see the screen on the 2 XL."

Sales guy: "I can get a 2 XL from storage if you want to see it."

Me: "Yes, I would like to see it."

(Guy starts going into storage area behind counter.)

Me: "Is it charged up? Will it power on?"

Sales guy: "No, but if you wanted to see the size of the screen you can."

Me: "Never mind." (frustrated) "How do you expect to sell phones if you don't have them out and they won't turn on?"

Sales guy: "It's a new phone."

Me: "Yeah...How do you expect to sell phones if you don't have them out and they won't turn on?"

<Silence as I walk to the door and leave.>
    I don't know the definition of storage but they come partially charged
    11-10-2017 06:08 PM
    I don't know the definition of storage but they come partially charged
    "Storage" at the franchise Verizon store meant that they had one in the back room. But yeah, it should have had the ability to boot up. Then again, most times these sales people are not exactly on top of their game.

As to the Verizon kiosk, I can't fathom having a phone on display and not having the ability to turn it on!
    11-10-2017 06:13 PM
    "Storage" at the franchise Verizon store meant that they had one in the back room. But yeah, it should have had the ability to boot up. Then again, most times these sales people are not exactly on top of their game.

As to the Verizon kiosk, I can't fathom having a phone on display and not having the ability to turn it on!
    My experience has been different however I have a corporate store less than a 3 minute drive and stores in Manhattan where I work. I haven't checked out best buy.
    11-10-2017 08:09 PM