I've always owned all black phones and this Stormtrooper is kinda freaking me out in a good way. It's a stunner for sure.

In hand I have to say it's the most comfortable phone I have used. Just the right thinness with the perfect amount of heft. I hear that the all black one has some grip to it but this one is smooth so I needed a clear case for grip.

The only negative I've found so far is having to turn on USB debugging in the developer options to get Android Auto to work.
    11-10-2017 11:53 PM
    I really wanted the stormtrooper look but it was out of stock. So much so that I ordered a matte white dbrand skin.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-11-2017 01:03 AM
    I've always owned all black phones and this Stormtrooper is kinda freaking me out in a good way. It's a stunner for sure.

In hand I have to say it's the most comfortable phone I have used. Just the right thinness with the perfect amount of heft. I hear that the all black one has some grip to it but this one is smooth so I needed a clear case for grip.

The only negative I've found so far is having to turn on USB debugging in the developer options to get Android Auto to work.
    You shouldn't have to do that.

What led you to that conclusion? What car/media system are you connecting to?

Suggestion: Turn off USB Debugging. While not in your car, run the Android Auto app on your phone, then tap the menu at top left and Settings. Tap Connected cars and swipe away any entries you find there.

Exit Android Auto. Connect your phone to your car and re-pair the phone with your media system, being careful to follow all prompts. There is a place or two where you need to confirm Android Auto is to be granted permissions and if you mess that up it won't work correctly.
    nelamvr6 and Torisen1 like this.
    11-11-2017 07:27 AM

Suggestion: Turn off USB Debugging. While not in your car, run the Android Auto app on your phone, then tap the menu at top left and Settings. Tap Connected cars and swipe away any entries you find there.

Exit Android Auto. Connect your phone to your car and re-pair the phone with your media system, being careful to follow all prompts. There is a place or two where you need to confirm Android Auto is to be granted permissions and if you mess that up it won't work correctly.
    That is the procedure I've followed whenever I've had any problems with Android Auto, and it's always worked.

Bear in mind, this was with my previous phone, a Samsung Galaxy S6. I have yet to have problem 1 with my Pixel 2 XL using Android Auto...
    11-11-2017 10:50 AM

I did not have to do that
    11-11-2017 10:51 AM
    That is the procedure I've followed whenever I've had any problems with Android Auto, and it's always worked.

Bear in mind, this was with my previous phone, a Samsung Galaxy S6. I have yet to have problem 1 with my Pixel 2 XL using Android Auto...
    Which procedure? The OPs or the one in the response to the OP?
    11-11-2017 10:54 AM
    Which procedure? The OPs or the one in the response to the OP?
    The one that N4newbie posted.
    11-11-2017 11:00 AM

I have a 2017 Chevy Spark. I'll give your directions a go today when I'm out and about. Thank you!
    11-11-2017 11:54 AM
    The one that N4newbie posted.
    That's what I thought
    11-11-2017 11:56 AM
    Didn't work, it connected twice but then it would not recognize my phone being connected after that. it's a bummer, I used my OG XL with no issues for a year.
    11-11-2017 12:38 PM
    Didn't work, it connected twice but then it would not recognize my phone being connected after that. it's a bummer, I used my OG XL with no issues for a year.
    This may sound like a strange question however have you tried using a different cable?
    11-11-2017 12:40 PM
    This may sound like a strange question however have you tried using a different cable?
    Not yet, I'm using the one that came with my XL last year. I would need to order a new one.

Last year the Pixel came with an extra cable and as I'm sure you know this years didn't ☹️.
    11-11-2017 12:43 PM
    Not yet, I'm using the one that came with my XL last year. I would need to order a new one.
    I don't like that they only included a USB C double-ended cable and that doesn't work in a car. Luckily I have extra cables. I seem to recall the Nexus phones coming with both and the v30 I recently used came with both.
    11-11-2017 12:53 PM
    Yeah. I've found that some c cables don't work with all functions... Including charging. Really need to check first.
    11-12-2017 02:46 PM
    Stormtrooper! Awesome! So glad you're liking your Pixel 2!
    Torisen1 likes this.
    11-12-2017 03:13 PM
    I don't like that they only included a USB C double-ended cable and that doesn't work in a car. Luckily I have extra cables. I seem to recall the Nexus phones coming with both and the v30 I recently used came with both.
    I have C car chargers... Picked up a few PD car chargers once they became available. Now I'm silly with both C-C and A-C cables and bricks that work with them. House is now fully USB-C...

It's still a bit of a mess though... The old standard only had, at most, 5 wires and it was years before cables all converged to follow. The Type C standard has 24 pin outs.
    11-12-2017 03:53 PM
    I have C car chargers... Picked up a few PD car chargers once they became available. Now I'm silly with both C-C and A-C cables and bricks that work with them. House is now fully USB-C...

It's still a bit of a mess though... The old standard only had, at most, 5 wires and it was years before cables all converged to follow. The Type C standard has 24 pin outs.
    I have C chargers in the car but cars only come with type A built in as you know for Android Auto.
    11-12-2017 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD