More screen issues pixel 2 xl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Copsetta

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Wondering how many people are experiencing the screen flickering off and on while using the phone, on top of that I have a thin pixelated line towards the bottom of the display, Google is sending me a new unit this week. The pixelated line towards the bottom of the phone has me believe this is a hardware issue. And it took Google no time at all to put together a replacement.

Attachments

• 5929.jpg
    5929.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 132

yujinn

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Negative. Looks like something hit that screen horizontally. Seems unlikely it came out of the box that way.

I wonder if people who have seen flickering is due to an app they installed.

Never heard of an app affecting the screen of any phone that way. I hope we don't have to be extra careful with apps now just to avoid damaging (further? ) the Pixel screen.

Ron Copsetta

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
The flickering and the screen turning off and on continuously has nothing to do with apps, I went through the whole list of things to do with Google to try and remedy the problem and nothing worked, the last thing I did was a factory reset and the problem actually got worse. Another thing was while on my screen sharing call with them they couldn't see it from there end. That's what tells me anyway that this is hardware related.

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Sounds to me like you have a bad unit. The line in the OP, like was said, looks like it was hit. This could have also caused further damage to the screen or broken connectors causing the flashing. I would exchange it for a working unit.

Ron Copsetta

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
there already sending one, it's just real concerning with all the other issues, I think going with LG was a very poor decision.

Ron Copsetta

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
and people keep saying the screen got hit the screen never got hit, this phone was working great for 5 days this happened out of the blue

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
and people keep saying the screen got hit the screen never got hit, this phone was working great for 5 days this happened out of the blue

Every brand has issues and once it's swapped I'm sure it'll be fine. Right now there seems to be a big focus on this particular phone because of a two issues that have been blown out of proportion.

Ron Copsetta

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Every brand has issues and once it's swapped I'm sure it'll be fine. Right now there seems to be a big focus on this particular phone because of a two issues that have been blown out of proportion.

I agree I didn't have an issue with the phone itself I loved it and I was actually happy with the screen especially when the update came in for the more saturated colors but I'm not happy with the screen flashing the way it did out of the blue and I feel it was a poor choice on Google's Part going with LG

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I was just looking at the Pixel XL 2 at Best buy and it looked near flawless. After reading all the posts about so many issues, I was pleasantly surprised. It's like they say, people flock the forums even they have issues.

The phone feed like a solid offering from Google.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised this topic isn't blowing up it's huge over on Google Plus
Looks like you want it to? I mean every phone irrespective of who makes will have issues. If all units have what you are seeing then yeah it'll definitely surface up in forums. But small percent it happens, as long as they are replacing it you are fine.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
That appears to be damage. Also, why is this yet ANOTHER thread in a sea of dozens of threads. Please search for and then post in existing threads prior to creating another one. The word "more" in the title seems to indicate that you know there are already discussions going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol