Sharing my review here on the Pixel 2. Despite its shortcomings, it's easily my favourite phone this year. I don't really mind the bezels much, and I do like the smaller size.

The performance and camera experience is pretty much the best out there to me, and despite the slightly smaller battery compared to last year's pixel, it's surprisingly good. I'm okay with the headphone jack, and I like the addition of the ip67 rating and stereo speakers. Basically, it's a step up from the original Pixel which i already like.

The down side is pretty much just the screen for me. Maybe it's not as widely reported, but the screen crushes the black quite badly. In day to day use, it's not a huge deal and something I can live with since I don't consume a lot of media on it. It's the same thing with the original Pixel actually, but it wasn't as bad. The recent update to nov security patch with the "saturated" colour mode helped with the crushed blacks actually, but didn't do anything for the natural colour mode which I prefer. It seems like calibration issues, and of course hoping that Google will fix it, but not banking too much on it.

and yeah. Dat camera.
    B. Diddy and xzell like this.
    11-11-2017 05:50 PM
    Nice review. Love the pics you took as well!
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    11-11-2017 06:38 PM
    Thanks! I've been nothing but impressed with the camera of the Pixel 2 so far. I have an iPhone X too and it's amazing how good the single front facing portrait mode is over the iPhone X's with all its "truedepth" technology.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-12-2017 01:29 AM