... it's doing my head in trying to get notifications to work on my new 2XL.

I've come from a Note 8 and on that everything turns up as it happens, BUT, on my 2XL I have to open an app, refresh it and wait for the new notifications to download. It is especially annoying on Gmail and FB.

My Note 8 will let me know its just received emails or FB/Chat but the 2XL is silent as a mouse in a church.

I've tried settings, and dots and this and that but to no avail. Is there a definitive sequence to follow so that I am made aware of new notifications, or should I re-setup the phone as new.

I totally missed a work email yesterday cos the bloody thing didn't download it, or let me know anything, but when I got home every notification was received and displayed on the Note.

This is very frustrating cos I really want to give this thing a good go, but if I am gonna miss important notifications then I am afraid it is back to the Note 8.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Gav
    11-14-2017 09:48 PM
    Most of the notifications are controlled within the apps in question. In Gmail, you need to go to Menu > Settings > General Settings > Manage Notifications and make sure they're turned on in there.

Then, go bact to Settings, and click on the email account that you want to control the notifications for, and make sure they're turned on there.

In Facebook, go to Menu > Settings > Notification Settings and you'll see that you have a lot of control there.
    hasto092 and Ca_lvn like this.
    11-14-2017 09:56 PM
    Most of the notifications are controlled within the apps in question. In Gmail, you need to go to Menu > Settings > General Settings > Manage Notifications and make sure they're turned on in there.

Then, go bact to Settings, and click on the email account that you want to control the notifications for, and make sure they're turned on there.

In Facebook, go to Menu > Settings > Notification Settings and you'll see that you have a lot of control there.
    Cheers, All that is done that's why I am at a loss. I am looking and looking so I spose something will happen :-)
    11-14-2017 10:44 PM
    You also need to turn notifications on in the phones system it's off by default
    System settings, apps and notifications, notifications
    After you get your notifications working I use light manager Pro to set specific colors in LED flash for notifications for each app
    hasto092 likes this.
    11-14-2017 10:55 PM
    I've noticed my emails don't push as consistently as other phones as well. My theory is that my personal and work are now handled through Gmail on this phone since the exchange active sync email client is not native on this phone. If that's the case with you, multiple emails pushing through Gmail, try separating them with another email client and see if that helps.
    hasto092 likes this.
    11-15-2017 06:06 AM