screen vibrates when music​ is playing

pevah

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else on a Pixel 2 XL noticed and issue where the screen vibrates while playing sound (listening to music or a YouTube video) through the speakers? It's crazy how much it vibrates, almost uncomfortable to hold.

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else on a Pixel 2 XL noticed and issue where the screen vibrates while playing sound (listening to music or a YouTube video) through the speakers? It's crazy how much it vibrates, almost uncomfortable to hold.

I have noticed that I feel vibrations at the back, but that's to be expected. The speakers are moving air at audio frequencies, you can't do that with out causing vibrations.

have you tried turning the volume down?

pevah

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I tried different volume levels, but any song with any bass at all, then entire screen vibrates bad even at low volumes. I've never had any phones with front facing speakers do that.. guess it is something I will have to get used to.

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Are you guys using cases?

I checked again, and with my volume a little too high for my comfort, I didn't really feel any excessive vibrations. My phone is in a Spigen Crystal TPU case.

pevah

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
yeah, I mean I've gotten used to it and yes I am using a case, a ringke one. I went to a Verizon store to try it on the pixels there and the problem exists on both Pixel 2 and the 2 XL. it seems to be also be a problem on the iPhone 7 plus and iPhone 8. so it sounds like it may be a common problem... my OG pixel XL and the one at the Verizon store did not have the issue. Just one of those things that can I will have to live with since it really isn't a huge deal

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
yeah, I mean I've gotten used to it and yes I am using a case, a ringke one. I went to a Verizon store to try it on the pixels there and the problem exists on both Pixel 2 and the 2 XL. it seems to be also be a problem on the iPhone 7 plus and iPhone 8. so it sounds like it may be a common problem... my OG pixel XL and the one at the Verizon store did not have the issue. Just one of those things that can I will have to live with since it really isn't a huge deal

I wouldn't characterize it as a "problem", it's just a fact of life that causing air to vibrate at audio frequencies will also cause other nearby things to vibrate...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary