Email app...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I use a combination of different email accounts. I don't really use Gmail that much; and then I use Internet-based email, like Hotmail and Outlook. I like how the native email app can sync all of your email accounts together; so you don't miss anything. :)

csa819

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I've gone a little nutty with EMail apps. I've got GMail, GMail Inbox (which I still haven't really figured out yet, Newton Mail, Outlook, my Native LG mail app.

Newton mail & Outlook have pretty much become my two go to apps (my office email is office365). I use Todoist & Evernote pretty heavily, and really prefer to process my email when I read it (i.e. decide what to do with it, and file it away with a task or dump it into my reference files in Evernote. Occasionally, I'll drop a long newsletter or article I want to read later into Instapaper. Newton allows all three, so I can use a very similar system on my mobile. Newton also just released a Windows 10 desktop I just started trying out. Newton also has a Sanebox type of filtering system that dumps newsletters, marketing and some other junk type emails into a "less important" (I think it's called) folder that you can scan at your leisure, similar to Google's categories. Newton's calendars and custom themes are weak also.

Outlook looks great, and is the most reliable with my work calendar and ties in with some other Office stuff nicely. They just released optional integration's, the only one I use is Evernote, no Todoist. When Todoist gets around to writing the integration for Outlook mobile, it'll be perfect for work email. The focused Inbox does a good job keeping junk out of view, but it's still there when you go to your desktop.

Gmail's a great email app, but I found that it was becoming a pain to switch around to the different categories (updates, Promotions, etc and they aren't doing such a great job classifying emails. I have it set to only notify on the Primary inbox, so there's a lot of stuff I don't see unless I go hunting for it or until I'm at a PC. Still by far the best search for finding stuff on the go.

All can keep all of your calendars (I have like 10 in GMail alone), and let you hide/show individual calendars. All can have Unified or separate inboxes. The thing I want most for these are seperate inbox icons with unread counts for each inbox. Closest I've found is a widget from Newton that has three buttons, Unread, Search and Compose, but the button can't be seperated and all three take up too much space.

Newton seems really expensive, and they'll give you a whole schtick about how it really isn't since you get all these features you would have seperate services for (like Sanebox), but when you put it the perspective that it's cross platform now (you get the Android, iPhone, iPad, Mac & Windows 10 apps), it really seems a lot more reasonable.

If you're willing to pay, Newton's great. If not, Outlook's pretty good. As with any paid app or trial, try the trial, let it expire and you just might get a discount offer to come back....

Daria91

Nov 14, 2017
Visit site
BlueMail is the best for me. A universal application for working with mail. The application allows to quickly change accounts, work with a variety of mail services, set up smart notifications about new emails and much more.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I've used Microsoft Outlook ever since it was introduced in 1992 as part of the Microsoft Office Suite. I still use Outlook as part of the Microsoft Office 365 suite on my Windows 10 machines and on my Android devices. Outlook for Android syncs perfectly with Outlook on my PCs. I maintain my own internet server for both my personal website and my email.

Am I the only one on the forum that does this? :)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have all 4 of my email accounts run through BlueMail and definitely no battery drain. All 4 pushing email with 1 account an exchange account. Very customizable and smooth. Definitely recommend

Thank you for recommending BlueMail! I find that the native mail app won't delete my messages and I'll just receive them all over again... So I may just switch email apps altogether! I'll look into BlueMail.

Mattgrossman

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
blackberry hub here. might be because I've used blackberry for over 10yrs but now using the Pixel 2 and no issues at all. no battery drain like people have said.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
blackberry hub here. might be because I've used blackberry for over 10yrs but now using the Pixel 2 and no issues at all. no battery drain like people have said.

I did use BlackBerry Hub for a time on a previous Android device. Loved it on my Q10. Very functional.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Been using K-9 Mail for forever, currently with five email accounts using various protocols. I used to try others but have given up trying to replace it.

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I don't have my own server, but I've used and loved Outlook mail from our first computer, on. I'm so glad that it works well on Android (Pixel2), even though GMail seems to be a good option, as well.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't have my own server, but I've used and loved Outlook mail from our first computer, on. I'm so glad that it works well on Android (Pixel2), even though GMail seems to be a good option, as well.

Android requires a Google login and I get GMail along with it. I'm notified if I get any mail on the GMail account. But the app I use every day is Microsoft Outlook.

nucks26

Trusted Member
Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone and being a couple of years since using an Android, what email app does everyone recommend? I have Gmail, a pop3 accounts. I'm currently using Blue Mail Thanks!

BlackBerry Hub is my favourite but you will get advertisements after awhile. You can get rid of those with a subscription to BlackBerry which I am unwilling to do. Moved back to the Gmail app now.

nucks26

Trusted Member
Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
BlackBerry Hub is my favourite but you will get advertisements after awhile. You can get rid of those with a subscription to BlackBerry which I am unwilling to do. Moved back to the Gmail app now.

Unless of course you have a BlackBerry Android device, in which case those services are free.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I use Newton which is what I used on my iPhone so seamless.

I am no fan of their model and it is too expensive for an email app but it is super smooth and sips battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton