I'm almost about to buy my Pixel 2 xl and was wondering:

1. Is it hard to reach the notifications bar with one hand?

2. If I would like to use the fingerprint sensor to unlock my phone on a regular basis, is there also an option to unlock it if its sitting flat in my desk without picking it up?

3. Is there a way to change the position of the BACK "button" (the one located on the bottom bar along with home) and make it so that it's on the right side and not on the left? (Im used to Samsung phones and this is how the BACK button is layed out)

Thanks to all for responses!
    11-19-2017 12:11 PM
    I'm almost about to buy my Pixel 2 xl and was wondering:

1. Is it hard to reach the notifications bar with one hand?

2. If I would like to use the fingerprint sensor to unlock my phone on a regular basis, is there also an option to unlock it if its sitting flat in my desk without picking it up?

3. Is there a way to change the position of the BACK "button" (the one located on the bottom bar along with home) and make it so that it's on the right side and not on the left? (Im used to Samsung phones and this is how the BACK button is layed out)

Thanks to all for responses!
    1) For the size of the phone, it's not terrible. I've used phones that are easier to reach, but that's the name of the game. You can also enable the fingerprint sensor to swipe down the notification shade.

2) You can enable double tap to wake and then enter your pin/pattern/password. Or hit the power button and do the same. Or allow Google assistant to unlock with your voice and just back out of the search query and move on with your day?

3) Nope. Maybe someone in the dev community will work something up at some point, but I believe customizing the nav bar on pixels requires root.
    11-19-2017 12:37 PM
    2) You can enable double tap to wake and then enter your pin/pattern/password. Or hit the power button and do the same. Or allow Google assistant to unlock with your voice and just back out of the search query and move on with your day?
    Can I do this even if ive set the fingerprint sensor to be my primary way to unlock the phone?

Thanks for helping out!
    11-19-2017 04:41 PM
    Yes you can.

Also, you can set a Trusted Place which keeps the phone unlocked, then double tap, swipe up and you're in.
    Scott337 likes this.
    11-19-2017 07:05 PM
    Yes you can.

Also, you can set a Trusted Place which keeps the phone unlocked, then double tap, swipe up and you're in.
    Wow even better thanks!
    11-19-2017 07:28 PM
    Can I do this even if ive set the fingerprint sensor to be my primary way to unlock the phone?

Thanks for helping out!
    When you have fingerprints set up, it does require you to set up a backup lock method as well.
    11-19-2017 08:51 PM
    I dunno why Samsung insists on switching the home and back button. It makes it hard when using any other phone.
    11-20-2017 02:59 AM
    I dunno why Samsung insists on switching the home and back button. It makes it hard when using any other phone.
    I guess like anything else phone related, ill get used to it on the "proper" side
    11-20-2017 11:21 AM
    When you have fingerprints set up, it does require you to set up a backup lock method as well.
    Yes password
    11-20-2017 11:23 AM