A few Pixel 2 xl questions

johnnnnnymtl

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm almost about to buy my Pixel 2 xl and was wondering:

1. Is it hard to reach the notifications bar with one hand?

2. If I would like to use the fingerprint sensor to unlock my phone on a regular basis, is there also an option to unlock it if its sitting flat in my desk without picking it up?

3. Is there a way to change the position of the BACK "button" (the one located on the bottom bar along with home) and make it so that it's on the right side and not on the left? (Im used to Samsung phones and this is how the BACK button is layed out)

Thanks to all for responses!

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm almost about to buy my Pixel 2 xl and was wondering:

1. Is it hard to reach the notifications bar with one hand?

2. If I would like to use the fingerprint sensor to unlock my phone on a regular basis, is there also an option to unlock it if its sitting flat in my desk without picking it up?

3. Is there a way to change the position of the BACK "button" (the one located on the bottom bar along with home) and make it so that it's on the right side and not on the left? (Im used to Samsung phones and this is how the BACK button is layed out)

Thanks to all for responses!

1) For the size of the phone, it's not terrible. I've used phones that are easier to reach, but that's the name of the game. You can also enable the fingerprint sensor to swipe down the notification shade.

2) You can enable double tap to wake and then enter your pin/pattern/password. Or hit the power button and do the same. Or allow Google assistant to unlock with your voice and just back out of the search query and move on with your day?

3) Nope. Maybe someone in the dev community will work something up at some point, but I believe customizing the nav bar on pixels requires root.

johnnnnnymtl

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
2) You can enable double tap to wake and then enter your pin/pattern/password. Or hit the power button and do the same. Or allow Google assistant to unlock with your voice and just back out of the search query and move on with your day?

Can I do this even if ive set the fingerprint sensor to be my primary way to unlock the phone?

Thanks for helping out! :)