Worried about bending?

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I got a Spigen thin fit case and decided it wasn't for me. After removing it I started thinking about the Jerry rig everything video and how he bent the pixel 2 in half quite easily.

Do we need to worry about bending? Would removing a case put enough pressure on the frame to cause concern?

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I got a Spigen thin fit case and decided it wasn't for me. After removing it I started thinking about the Jerry rig everything video and how he bent the pixel 2 in half quite easily.

Do we need to worry about bending? Would removing a case put enough pressure on the frame to cause concern?

Lol don't worry about his videos. They are all useless, and in no way represent any kind of real world usage.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I doubt that a slight bend in the phone when taking off a case would put any kind of significant strain on the device. Plus, the Pixels have that squeeze gesture; so Google is already anticipating some kind of pressure on their phones as it is.

And don't forget about Google's two-year insurance program! Don't worry! That kind of small force/bend that you're referring to will in no way hurt your device! :)

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
My Nexus 5 bent slightly in my pocket over time. It had a twist to it lol. Didn't affect performance at all.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Thinking about it a bit more, if removing a plastic case caused the phone to bend, talking on the phone with no hands the old school way (phone between shoulder and cheek) definitely would. And there's just ridiculous.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thinking about it a bit more, if removing a plastic case caused the phone to bend, talking on the phone with no hands the old school way (phone between shoulder and cheek) definitely would. And there's just ridiculous.

Absolutely! There is nothing to worry about. Plus, it sounds like you take good care of your phones as it is, so you have all the more reason to breathe easy. :)

AGReklaw

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand how people can put their phone in their back pocket, sit on it and then complain about it bending regardless of which case they use... ?!?!?

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand how people can put their phone in their back pocket, sit on it and then complain about it bending regardless of which case they use... ?!?!?

I put my phone in my back pocket all the time. However I never sit on it. I always take it out before I sit down.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
For reference, this is what I had on and took off the phone

Spigen Thin Fit Google Pixel 2 Case with SF Coated Non Slip Matte Surface for Excellent Grip for Google Pixel 2 (2017) - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07477L9J...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6080335

I've got the Spigen Rugged Armor, which is a bit thicker than the Thin Fit. I've taken it out of the case several times now and have not had an issue. I almost went with what you got, but I don't like cases with button cutouts. Regardless, I wouldn't worry about it.

Also something about JerryRigEverything, he's got big muscles and does strongman competitions, so it's not like it's a regular guy bending these devices. Here's an image:

http://i.imgur.com/6t6iAqm.jpg

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I've got the Spigen Rugged Armor, which is a bit thicker than the Thin Fit. I've taken it out of the case several times now and have not had an issue. I almost went with what you got, but I don't like cases with button cutouts. Regardless, I wouldn't worry about it.

Also something about JerryRigEverything, he's got big muscles and does strongman competitions, so it's not like it's a regular guy bending these devices. Here's an image:

http://i.imgur.com/6t6iAqm.jpg

Yeah...his videos should come with a disclaimer

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I don't understand how anyone could find anything of value in these videos. No one would use their device in such a manner so you'd get no indication of the true durability of your device.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
His scratch tests are helpful. It's good to know what materials are being used on some devices that don't state exactly what they use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome