• Fast camera speed - coming from a Nexus 6P, this is a big improvement
  • "Motion On" camera feature
  • Living universe wallpapers
  • The date/weather widget
  • Dual front-firing speakers

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't really call it a feature but more design: I love how Google makes the smaller Pixel just as powerful as the XL! Many manufactures flagships are either only available in phablet size, or if they do make a smaller one they neuter it compared to the larger one.

I've only had my Pixel 2 for a day and a half and I love. The smaller form factor is perfect for me. Easy one handed use.

As far as features go: So far I'm loving the squeeze to launch Google Assistant feature. Using it a lot more than I thought I would!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't really call it a feature but more design: I love how Google makes the smaller Pixel just as powerful as the XL! Many manufactures flagships are either only available in phablet size, or if they do make a smaller one they neuter it compared to the larger one.

I've only had my Pixel 2 for a day and a half and I love. The smaller form factor is perfect for me. Easy one handed use.

As far as features go: So far I'm loving the squeeze to launch Google Assistant feature. Using it a lot more than I thought I would!

I couldn't agree with you more; especially with regards to the smaller form factor being just as powerful as its bigger cousin! So glad you're enjoying your Pixel 2!

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
This is likely an Oreo thing rather than Pixel 2, but while searching for something in Settings, the results reveal how to navigate to that setting directly. This is especially helpful for something buried deep somewhere. My S8 didn't do that, you'd just have to tap on the result to get to it, and I'd find myself repeatedly searching for the same thing.

I'm really liking the Active Edge feature. Simply squeezing is really changing how I use the phone.

I was messing around, squeezing and asking GA about Alexa.

GA: "I'm so excited. I have a question for her. Alexa, will you be my friend?"

Alexa: "Sure, I'm always happy to make new friends." :)

Larzuk

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
now playing is a really nice feature, but it doesn't save the song somewhere sadly

If you double tap the song text as it recognizes the song, it will take you into your Google Assistants main page with the songs information and options there. Even now if I launch Google assistant and scroll back through history, All the songs I've tapped are still there. At least that's how it works on my phone.

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
-Form factor of the pixel 2
-now playing
-smart lock actually works with Fitbit (s7 not so much)
-snappy
-snappy
- and snappy
Still discovering more the longer I use it...battery is surprisingly amazing too. Charges stupid fast.

sselemanrm

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site
updating my list of features:

-Now playing
-notification dots
-really fast software booting
-amazing camera+portrait mode
-Saving an event and putting certain keywords in event title like "dentist" "movies" "gyms" will give the reminder a background cartoon picture related to the keyword.
-fast finger print sensor
-haven't used this for a while, but the face unlocker is pretty cool.. There's also an option to unlock the cellphone using your voice too
-google assistant. Voice activating assistant for reminders and directions to a place using google maps

If you double tap the song text as it recognizes the song, it will take you into your Google Assistants main page with the songs information and options there. Even now if I launch Google assistant and scroll back through history, All the songs I've tapped are still there. At least that's how it works on my phone.
I don't see it right now on google assistant. Not sure if it would show the entire history of songs its listened to.. I wish it did via update

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12