01-13-2018 09:50 AM
46 12
tools
    Wow! What a great deal!
    Yeah Fi is awesome in every way.. I've had the service for about 2-years now and am very happy. At some point I plan on cancelling my AT&T line and just keeping one phone and one line. I am ready to go all in with Fi as they've proven themselves during the time I've had the service.

Not sure why Google is behaving differently for the people who purchased from the Play Store but Fi is hooking people up!
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-28-2017 09:11 AM
    I bit on the Cyber Monday deal for the 2 XL 64gb penguin/panda yesterday.

I saw the OG Pixel XL for $5/mo. I just can't go back to 32GB. If I could've gotten the 128gb for, say, $10/mo I would've seriously considered it. Though I like the 2 more of course.
    raqball likes this.
    11-28-2017 09:14 AM
    Is Fi a contract?
    It is not.. Month to month and cancel anytime. Not sure what happens if someone has a phone on payments though. I assume they would charge the remaining balance to the card on file for the monthly payment.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-28-2017 09:22 AM
    Still have until the 30th to get credit, still debating whether to do return and rebuy for $100 credit.
    11-28-2017 09:46 AM
    It's only 15 days to return the phone? I'm out of that window then.
    Still have until the 30th to get credit, still debating whether to do return and rebuy for $100 credit.
    I'm confused. Can you return?

If you purchased from Fi just call them, no need to return.

If you purchased from Google Store then is the $100 Google Store credit and a free mini worth the hassle to you?
    11-28-2017 09:52 AM
    I'm confused. Can you return?

If you purchased from Fi just call them, no need to return.

If you purchased from Google Store then is the $100 Google Store credit and a free mini worth the hassle to you?
    I purchased from the Google store and I already got a free mini before so I don't think I'll get another one. I wasn't in the 15 day return window but an online chat rep send me an RMA anyway. Just worried about not getting an even exchange because of whatever...
    11-28-2017 09:54 AM
    I purchased from the Google store and I already got a free mini before so I don't think I'll get another one. I wasn't in the 15 day return window but an online chat rep send me an RMA anyway. Just worried about not getting an even exchange because of whatever...
    Cool. That was nice of Google to offer and out of date return.

Getting an even exchange?

If you return and reorder you'll get a brand new in box Pixel with the new order. Since you already got the Mini I doubt you'd get another but who knows.

Is the $100 credit worth the hassle of return, re-ordering and then setting the new phone back up again? Each person would answer that differently.
    11-28-2017 10:00 AM
    Cool. That was nice of Google to offer and out of date return.

Getting an even exchange?

If you return and reorder you'll get a brand new in box Pixel with the new order. Since you already got the Mini I doubt you'd get another but who knows.

Is the $100 credit worth the hassle of return, re-ordering and then setting the new phone back up again? Each person would answer that differently.
    I think I'll do it, I want the pixel fabric case and a new base for my Google home. Alright, you've convinced me.
    raqball and dmark44 like this.
    11-28-2017 10:01 AM
    I think I'll do it, I want the pixel fabric case and a new base for my Google home. Alright, you've convinced me.
    Rock on.. A free $100 is hard to beat! Enjoy the credit and the free stuff you'll buy with it!
    11-28-2017 10:02 AM
    It is not.. Month to month and cancel anytime. Not sure what happens if someone has a phone on payments though. I assume they would charge the remaining balance to the card on file for the monthly payment.
    I'm assuming this is just an American company?
    11-28-2017 10:10 AM
    I'm assuming this is just an American company?
    Project Fi is ran by Google.

https://fi.google.com/

I believe it's US address only to start the service but it works worldwide and has awesome perks like international use charged at the same rate ect..

You also get refunded for unused data. Say you have a 2GB data plan but only use 1GB this month. You get $10 credited back to your account. Or you have a 1GB data plan but only use .7 you'd get $3 credited back ect..
    Morty2264 and dmark44 like this.
    11-28-2017 10:18 AM

I believe it's US address only to start the service but it works worldwide and has awesome perks like international use charged at the same rate ect..

You also get refunded for unused data. Say you have a 2GB data plan but only use 1GB this month. You get $10 credited back to your account. Or you have a 1GB data plan but only use .7 you'd get $3 credited back ect..
    Oh wow! Thank you for the info!
    11-28-2017 10:48 AM

Yeah I wish I could use them as a primary but I rely on my mobile data a lot so they would be too expensive for me .
    raqball likes this.
    11-28-2017 11:26 AM
    Yeah if you don't use much data, like me, Fi is a killer option. I use less than a GB a month usually so Fi is awesome. I am on WiFi most of the time and Fi make it easy to connect to open WiFi and use the VPN for when out and about..
    11-28-2017 02:26 PM
    Yeah if you don't use much data, like me, Fi is a killer option. I use less than a GB a month usually so Fi is awesome. I am on WiFi most of the time and Fi make it easy to connect to open WiFi and use the VPN for when out and about..
    Yeah I would say my main usage is work and pool halls. Those are my high data usage spots that don't have WiFi.

I can't complain though ... Due to a big family plan and snagging unlimited on Verizon when it was first announced (not the crappy plans they have today that are more expensive) my plan is cheap. It costs me around $33 a month. Give or take $2-3 depending on taxes each month.

Also that Wifi thing isn't just for Fi. Google built that into the Advanced Wifi settings for all Pixel phones.
    11-28-2017 02:30 PM
    Sending back my current Pixel 2 black and just ordered a Kinda blue version. It was the one I wanted all along and now with the offer I couldn't refuse. Just hope the 2-3 week shipping estimate steers to the faster side.
    Morty2264 and dmark44 like this.
    11-28-2017 10:30 PM
    Sending back my current Pixel 2 black and just ordered a Kinda blue version. It was the one I wanted all along and now with the offer I couldn't refuse. Just hope the 2-3 week shipping estimate steers to the faster side.
    Keep us informed of when you get your device!
    11-28-2017 11:27 PM
    So this is a credit for future purchase, not a discount on the phone, right?
    Yes
    11-29-2017 04:18 PM
    They extended the sale 'till December 15.

Man, they're REALLY trying to move those puppies.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    12-01-2017 06:53 PM
    I should have jumped on a Pixel 2 earlier (in Canada); as my carrier was offering $200 off a purchase for a two-year term (you would've paid that later, of course, just not upfront). Blahhh. I was trying to be good. 🤣
    12-08-2017 08:50 AM
    Just to update this thread..

I got the Home Mini a few weeks ago and the $100 Fi credit was applied to my account yesterday.

The Mini code came faster than the 4-6 weeks they had originally stated and the $100 credit took longer than the 30 days they stated but I have received everything they promised.
    dmark44 likes this.
    01-13-2018 09:50 AM
46 12