Cyber Monday Pixel 2 Deals!

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cyber Monday Deals!

I got mine last week from Fi so I called and asked them if they could retroactively give me the credit and the mini.. Jackpot! The Fi rep was friendly and said no problem.

I'll get the Fi credit after 30 days of the phone being active (3 weeks left for me) and the free mini code will be sent in 4-6 weeks.

I got a case # and was skeptical so I called back and the 2nd rep confirmed the $100 credit to my Fi account and the free Mini..

Call and see what they can do for you. My call took about 3 minutes and I was all credited and hooked up!

quietlybrilliant

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Damnit, wish I would have waited. Could I return and rebuy?!

That's what I just did. It's pathetic that they can't simply apply the $100 to my order that came last week. But they wouldn't budge. Now they loose a phone (unless they resell it refurbished?) for no good reason, and I have to set up the new one. What a waste.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

That's what I just did. It's pathetic that they can't simply apply the $100 to my order that came last week. But they wouldn't budge. Now they loose a phone (unless they resell it refurbished?) for no good reason, and I have to set up the new one. What a waste.

Bummer and yes that is pretty stupid.. Fi must operate differently as they applied the $100 credit to my account without hesitation or further questioning...

bigbearballs

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm trying with Google anyway, I'll let you know if I have any better luck

sselemanrm

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site

Target is selling the google home mini online today. I think it was 30, but you do get a $10 target gift card also. The non mini is also having the same deal.

Last edited:

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

Everyone is doing the Mini for $29 with a $10 gift card but this thread is mainly for the $100 in Google Play or Fi account credit..

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

No great deals for items I was looking for. LG Gram 13 inch nor VZW Note8 nor Pixel 2 XL. I don't do the monthly payments so nothing special out there.

jeslevine

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

Wow, I just called and they also said no problem. As an aside whenever I have had to deal with Project Fi their customer support has always been excellent.

Thanks for the heads up on this

quietlybrilliant

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Wow, I just called and they also said no problem. As an aside whenever I have had to deal with Project Fi their customer support has always been excellent.

Interesting, so if you bought the phone though Fi they retroactively do it, but otherwise they don't? Isn't Fi part of Google?

I bought mine straight from Google and they refuse to give me the $100, asking me to send my used phone back instead in exchange for a new one.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

Awesome sauce!

Interesting, so if you bought the phone though Fi they retroactively do it, but otherwise they don't? Isn't Fi part of Google?

I bought mine straight from Google and they refuse to give me the $100, asking me to send my used phone back instead in exchange for a new one.

Maybe Fi has more latitude since they are also getting a monthly payment for service from the customers?

No clue really, just guessing here.

minicoop69

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

That stinks. I bought one on Saturday and then saw the deal today. Cancelled the order because it didn't ship yet and then re bought it to get the deal. Didn't want to chance them saying that I would need to send it back and then buy a new one, but having to pay shipping.

I'm glad I found out about the deal today.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Is Fi a contract?

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

No great deals for items I was looking for. LG Gram 13 inch nor VZW Note8 nor Pixel 2 XL. I don't do the monthly payments so nothing special out there.
Note 8 on Verizon from Best buy is 350 off. Just pay it off after you get the phone. It's not a bill credit type thing

I was hoping they'd have something on the Pixel 2 XL as well, but no dice. Og pixel xl is 120 bucks though

bigbearballs

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

Note 8 on Verizon from Best buy is 350 off. Just pay it off after you get the phone. It's not a bill credit type thing

I was hoping they'd have something on the Pixel 2 XL as well, but no dice. Og pixel xl is 120 bucks though

Og pixel XL for $120 is a damn fine deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol