Cyber Monday Pixel 2 Deals!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Cyber Monday Deals!

Note 8 on Verizon from Best buy is 350 off. Just pay it off after you get the phone. It's not a bill credit type thing

I was hoping they'd have something on the Pixel 2 XL as well, but no dice. Og pixel xl is 120 bucks though
I believe you must use the new unlimited data plan for that deal. I have the OG unlimited data plan. No dice.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I believe you must use the new unlimited data plan for that deal. I have the OG unlimited data plan. No dice.

FYI for others -- by "OG" he means the one from 2011 and such. Not the February unlimited plan (the one before "Go" unlimited and "Beyond" unlimited).

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

I read somewhere, maybe on Google+, that Fi told someone if you purchased anytime in November then you are eligible for the credit and the mini.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

Wow! What a great deal!

Yeah Fi is awesome in every way.. I've had the service for about 2-years now and am very happy. At some point I plan on cancelling my AT&T line and just keeping one phone and one line. I am ready to go all in with Fi as they've proven themselves during the time I've had the service.

Not sure why Google is behaving differently for the people who purchased from the Play Store but Fi is hooking people up!

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I bit on the Cyber Monday deal for the 2 XL 64gb penguin/panda yesterday.

I saw the OG Pixel XL for $5/mo. I just can't go back to 32GB. If I could've gotten the 128gb for, say, $10/mo I would've seriously considered it. Though I like the 2 more of course.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

Is Fi a contract?

It is not.. Month to month and cancel anytime. Not sure what happens if someone has a phone on payments though. I assume they would charge the remaining balance to the card on file for the monthly payment.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
It's only 15 days to return the phone? I'm out of that window then.
Still have until the 30th to get credit, still debating whether to do return and rebuy for $100 credit.

I'm confused. Can you return?

If you purchased from Fi just call them, no need to return.

If you purchased from Google Store then is the $100 Google Store credit and a free mini worth the hassle to you?

bigbearballs

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm confused. Can you return?

If you purchased from Fi just call them, no need to return.

If you purchased from Google Store then is the $100 Google Store credit and a free mini worth the hassle to you?
I purchased from the Google store and I already got a free mini before so I don't think I'll get another one. I wasn't in the 15 day return window but an online chat rep send me an RMA anyway. Just worried about not getting an even exchange because of whatever...

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I purchased from the Google store and I already got a free mini before so I don't think I'll get another one. I wasn't in the 15 day return window but an online chat rep send me an RMA anyway. Just worried about not getting an even exchange because of whatever...

Cool. That was nice of Google to offer and out of date return.

Getting an even exchange?

If you return and reorder you'll get a brand new in box Pixel with the new order. Since you already got the Mini I doubt you'd get another but who knows.

Is the $100 credit worth the hassle of return, re-ordering and then setting the new phone back up again? Each person would answer that differently.

bigbearballs

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Cool. That was nice of Google to offer and out of date return.

Getting an even exchange?

If you return and reorder you'll get a brand new in box Pixel with the new order. Since you already got the Mini I doubt you'd get another but who knows.

Is the $100 credit worth the hassle of return, re-ordering and then setting the new phone back up again? Each person would answer that differently.
I think I'll do it, I want the pixel fabric case and a new base for my Google home. Alright, you've convinced me.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

It is not.. Month to month and cancel anytime. Not sure what happens if someone has a phone on payments though. I assume they would charge the remaining balance to the card on file for the monthly payment.

I'm assuming this is just an American company?

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

I'm assuming this is just an American company?

Project Fi is ran by Google.

https://fi.google.com/

I believe it's US address only to start the service but it works worldwide and has awesome perks like international use charged at the same rate ect..

You also get refunded for unused data. Say you have a 2GB data plan but only use 1GB this month. You get $10 credited back to your account. Or you have a 1GB data plan but only use .7 you'd get $3 credited back ect..

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I believe it's US address only to start the service but it works worldwide and has awesome perks like international use charged at the same rate ect..

You also get refunded for unused data. Say you have a 2GB data plan but only use 1GB this month. You get $10 credited back to your account. Or you have a 1GB data plan but only use .7 you'd get $3 credited back ect..

Oh wow! Thank you for the info!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I wish I could use them as a primary but I rely on my mobile data a lot so they would be too expensive for me :(.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Yeah if you don't use much data, like me, Fi is a killer option. I use less than a GB a month usually so Fi is awesome. I am on WiFi most of the time and Fi make it easy to connect to open WiFi and use the VPN for when out and about..

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah if you don't use much data, like me, Fi is a killer option. I use less than a GB a month usually so Fi is awesome. I am on WiFi most of the time and Fi make it easy to connect to open WiFi and use the VPN for when out and about..

Yeah I would say my main usage is work and pool halls. Those are my high data usage spots that don't have WiFi.

I can't complain though ... Due to a big family plan and snagging unlimited on Verizon when it was first announced (not the crappy plans they have today that are more expensive) my plan is cheap. It costs me around $33 a month. Give or take $2-3 depending on taxes each month.

Also that Wifi thing isn't just for Fi. Google built that into the Advanced Wifi settings for all Pixel phones.