Hi.
    I can't edit (crop mostly is what I'm after) photos from my Pixel 2/Google photos and it's driving me crazy! I get no pencil to do so. Any advice? Thanks.
    11-27-2017 04:32 PM
    Hi.
    I can't edit (crop mostly is what I'm after) photos from my Pixel 2/Google photos and it's driving me crazy! I get no pencil to do so. Any advice? Thanks.
    Thanks for posting the question. I felt like I was missing something obvious. Looking forward to someone posting a work-around.
    11-27-2017 04:36 PM
    When you open a picture in Google Photos, look at the bottom and there should be 4 icons at the bottom. The 2nd icon from the left looks like a set of EQ sliders. Press that and you will enter edit mode. You can also hit the 3 dot menu in the upper right corner and select "Edit In" and it will present any other apps on your phone to edit photos with (like Photoshop).
    nelson1 and Newport Viper like this.
    11-27-2017 04:45 PM
    When you open a picture in Google Photos, look at the bottom and there should be 4 icons at the bottom. The 2nd icon from the left looks like a set of EQ sliders. Press that and you will enter edit mode. You can also hit the 3 dot menu in the upper right corner and select "Edit In" and it will present any other apps on your phone to edit photos with (like Photoshop).
    Yep...there it is...thanks given.
    11-27-2017 05:00 PM
    Try Aviary from the play store
    11-27-2017 05:04 PM
    Try Aviary from the play store
    I just want to write and circle my pictures, is aviary the best for that. I would really like to do it within Google photos though.
    Ca_lvn likes this.
    11-27-2017 08:57 PM
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-02-2017 10:48 PM
    Or try Snapseed...lots of editing options there.
    12-03-2017 04:03 PM
    I just want to write and circle my pictures, is aviary the best for that. I would really like to do it within Google photos though.
    Yeah frustrating not being able to do that try Avery that'll solve your problem
    bigbearballs likes this.
    12-03-2017 06:45 PM
    Yeah frustrating not being able to do that try Avery that'll solve your problem
    That's the winner, thanks. I hope Google puts that type of editing into photos at some point.
    12-03-2017 07:04 PM
    That's the winner, thanks. I hope Google puts that type of editing into photos at some point.
    Oh, the enigma of Google... Why not include Snapseed's features into Photos? Why not roll Allo, Duo, Messenger and Hangouts into a comprehensive messaging platform? Why not....
    bigbearballs likes this.
    12-03-2017 10:36 PM
    Oh, the enigma of Google... Why not include Snapseed's features into Photos? Why not roll Allo, Duo, Messenger and Hangouts into a comprehensive messaging platform? Why not....
    Exactly, messenger really is lacking but put some Allo in there and now we're talking.
    12-03-2017 11:43 PM
    I found that option thank you, now how do i save what i edit ?
    01-18-2018 09:39 PM
    I found that option thank you, now how do i save what i edit?
    After making your edits select 'DONE' in the lower right corner, then select 'SAVE' in the upper right corner. See the attached screenshots if you have any questions.
    01-19-2018 01:29 AM