Tried to use speaker option (Pixel 2 XL) while on a call Friday. Could barely hear the on hold music or the person speaking. Had to put the phone up to my ear like I would if the speaker option was not in use. The volume was up.

Not sure if what I ran into is the same in the post below. Has anyone else had problems with using the speaker option while on a call?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/go...ml#post6037263
    12-03-2017 08:21 AM
    Same issue on my V30. As soon as I turned on calling plus it was monumentally better. Is that an option on the Pixel? If so try it out.
    12-03-2017 08:29 AM
    I'm not having any issue with that. You realize the sound when on speaker phone only comes out the bottom tho so that would cut down on volume a little. Even so my P2 sounds good.
    12-03-2017 11:33 AM
    Same issue on my V30. As soon as I turned on calling plus it was monumentally better. Is that an option on the Pixel? If so try it out.
    Thanks, I have "Advanced Calling" on. Not sure if that is the same as "calling plus".
    12-03-2017 08:12 PM
    I'm not having any issue with that. You realize the sound when on speaker phone only comes out the bottom tho so that would cut down on volume a little. Even so my P2 sounds good.
    Good to know. Don't think I realized that only one speaker is functional for speaker phone. It was so low that I had to put the phone up to my ear to hear it.
    12-03-2017 08:13 PM
    I always half to throttle volume down on speaker phone
    12-03-2017 08:23 PM
    Had the chance to test speakerphone again tonight. This time the call was clear and easy to hear on speakerphone. Caller on the other end was with Verizon, so the HD Voice option appeared to be on.
    12-05-2017 07:46 PM
    We do realize that. So why has this never been an issue with all my previous phones (Samsung, LG, etc)? I'm experiencing the same volume drop issue with my Pixel 2 which I just bought.
    12-06-2017 03:52 PM
    Had a few more calls yesterday in a quiet area. Seems to be somewhat dependent upon the connection and the other end. One of the calls was loud and perfectly clear, then when I was transferred to another department, could barley hear person and had to put phone up to my ear.

I may need to invest in a Bluetooth headset or USB-C to 3.5 mm headphone adapter. Not clear if this is a Pixel 2 XL problem, although if both speakers worked for speaker phone calls that would probably help alleviate some of the symptoms with variable call quality/volume.
    12-13-2017 06:33 AM