Just wondering about this as I got mine on contract from EE(Tmobile UK) and I've bought my wife's 2xl direct from Google... will they both be "sim free"? Thanks, David.
    12-03-2017 10:52 AM
    Just wondering about this as I got mine on contract from EE(Tmobile UK) and I've bought my wife's 2xl direct from Google... will they both be "sim free"? Thanks, David.
    Yes I think so
    12-03-2017 10:53 AM
    Unless you count the built in esim for Project fi.
    12-03-2017 11:05 AM
    From what I've read, that has no bearing on if it works on other networks, as the Pixels also have a regular sim slot to allow them to be used on any domestic carrier. Nothing special has to be done to get them to work on other networks, just pop in the sim and go. The only difference between the so called unlocked phones sold through Google and the phone sold through Verizon is a locked bootloader.
    12-03-2017 11:26 AM
    From what I've read, that has no bearing on if it works on other networks, as the Pixels also have a regular sim slot to allow them to be used on any domestic carrier.
    I have Fi and used the eSim to set it up. I also have my AT&T SIM inserted in the SIM slot and can switch back and forth between the 2.

You can't use as a dual SIM but you can switch between them in the settings..
    12-03-2017 11:32 AM
    From what I've read, that has no bearing on if it works on other networks, as the Pixels also have a regular sim slot to allow them to be used on any domestic carrier. Nothing special has to be done to get them to work on other networks, just pop in the sim and go. The only difference between the so called unlocked phones sold through Google and the phone sold through Verizon is a locked bootloader.
    What about advanced VZW features like wifi calling hd calling simultaneous talk & data etc?
    12-03-2017 12:55 PM
    What about advanced VZW features like wifi calling hd calling simultaneous talk & data etc?
    These work on T-Mobile and AT&T (with conditions), and according to this those features will also work on EE.
    12-03-2017 01:18 PM