YouTube issues ONLY seen on this phone

mcelmeel17

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Loving my pixel 2 xl but YouTube is just a mess when it comes to video buffering. I encounter this message pretty much anytime I try to move within a clip whether it's double tapping to skip forward or back or selecting on the timeline. The problem is resolved by tapping retry which restarts the video instantly like it was loading all along. It's maddening. Any other people having this particular problem?
359a9f8b7d3ad0a3313a6dbabc32d8d9.jpg

All my other devices as well as my most recent phone (Moto g5 plus) never had this problem. Maybe an Oreo issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does that happen on both wi-fi and mobile data? Have you already tried clearing the YouTube app's cache and data?

e30ernest

Nov 23, 2010
www.bmwe30cc.org
I live in a country with really bad internet connection and I don't see the same issues you are seeing. Are you sure it isn't your connection? Try what B.Diddy said too.

mcelmeel17

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
You know now that I think about it I'm pretty sure it's only happened on mobile data. At my house with Good wifi I don't really have a problem. With that said I've never had this problem on any other devices and this is a flagship so I'm sure it supports all the necessary speeds. I bought it it and just started using it on T-Mobile. Is it possible that for some reason I don't have the right settings

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Check to make sure the APN settings are correct: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-2090

Although this shouldn't happen with T-Mobile's Binge On, see what happens if you turn that off (if it's on, which I believe is the default). You have to go to your T-Mobile account page to turn it off. It might also be accessible in the T-Mobile app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome