Pixel 2/2 XL - December Update (OTA) 12/5

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Pixel 2/2 XL - December Update 12/5

I thought you were a big iOS person. When did you decide to get a Pixel?
I've been on iOS for about 18 months straight but in year's past, I've been a habitual platform switcher. At present, I'm at a point where I'm going to do what mumfoau wants to do and pull away from my iPhone wielding loved ones lol

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I've been on iOS for about 18 months straight but in year's past, I've been a habitual platform switcher. At present, I'm at a point where I'm going to do what mumfoau wants to do and pull away from my iPhone wielding loved ones lol

Glad to see you back :). I definitely don't hate Apple but me being on an iPhone would most likely mean I would be doing it for others as well.. for things like iMessage and such. I have been dealing just fine without it and the only true thing I miss is the ease of using FaceTime with family. Luckily the gf has an iPhone and we have an iPad in the house (hers).

One day if I ever get a tablet it would most likely be an iPad... but for now I can't bring myself to purchase a tablet for my own use. I don't think I would use it enough.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I received my 8.1 OTA update shortly after midnight EDT yesterday Dec 6. I don't install beta software. The new Visual Core chip has been enabled. Google says that camera HDR+ processing is 5 times faster and it's definitely noticeable!

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Just tried to sideload it and I got a "failed to read command: No error" at 94% But it seems to still worked.

Should I be worried??

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

I thought hitting the update button was supposed to pull down the update regardless if you were qued up for it or not? ohh Google, they can't get out of their own way sometimes.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

Glad to see you back :). I definitely don't hate Apple but me being on an iPhone would most likely mean I would be doing it for others as well.. for things like iMessage and such. I have been dealing just fine without it and the only true thing I miss is the ease of using FaceTime with family. Luckily the gf has an iPhone and we have an iPad in the house (hers).

My wife, my parents, and most siblings/siblings-in-law have iPhones so in the past I stuck around for that. Then we had a child and I convinced myself that I needed to stay for FaceTime. Well, I've switched and I've had my wife download Google Duo and haven't had any issues. Quality has been spot on and all.

Now, that's not to say I'll never use an iPhone again but right now I'm not. My plan is to gift my iPhone X and Apple Watch Series 3 to my wife for Christmas.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Just tried to sideload it and I got a "failed to read command: No error" at 94% But it seems to still worked. About phone shows 8.1.0

Should I be worried??

EDIT: Seems to be working fine

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

Beyond frustrated I can't get my Windows 10 computer to recognize my phone command prompt is not working, download and install the Google USB driver

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Beyond frustrated I can't get my Windows 10 computer to recognize my phone command prompt is not working, download and install the Google USB driver

Phone is developer mode, USB Debugging turned on, You allowed your PC access to your phone?? What does it say when you type ADB Devices??

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

Phone is developer mode, USB Debugging turned on, You allowed your PC access to your phone?? What does it say when you type ADB Devices??
It just goes back to C:user my name I can't get it to recognize ADB or CDM
The problem is my PC's not seeing the phone if I turn off developer mode will give me a prompt for what I want to do photos files data

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

It just goes back to C:user my name I can't get it to recognize ADB or CDM
The problem is my PC's not seeing the phone if I turn off developer mode will give me a prompt for what I want to do photos files data

Are you in the platform-tools folder, if not...

Hold down shift and right click in the platform-tools folder and choose CMD(Powershell) from the popup menu.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

Hold down shift and right click in the platform-tools folder and choose CMD(Powershell) from the popup menu.
Yes I can get that pop up windows Powershell
I'm getting a pop-up folder on my computer for Pixel 2 and I can view all the files so obviously my computer seeing the phone I just can't get anywhere with command prompt

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site

If I'm on the Beta I can't sideload correct? Id need to opt_out, factory reset then sideload right?

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site

Yes I can get that pop up windows Powershell
I'm getting a pop-up folder on my computer for Pixel 2 and I can view all the files so obviously my computer seeing the phone I just can't get anywhere with command prompt
But if you had opened the powershell window from inside the platform-tools folder, then you wouldn't just be seeing "C: username" at the command prompt; "platform-tools" would be the last term before the command prompt.

Or are you getting a red error message after trying to enter a command?

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

But if you had opened the powershell window from inside the platform-tools folder, then you wouldn't just be seeing "C: username" at the command prompt; "platform-tools" would be the last term before the command prompt.

Or are you getting a red error message after trying to enter a command?
Yes I get a read error after I try to enter a command.
I'm sure I got to be missing something really basic here.
Thank you.....

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Yes I get a read error after I try to enter a command.
I'm sure I got to be missing something really basic here.
Thank you.....

Did you do this...

Plug your device into your computer and click "OK" on the dialog box asking you to Allow USB debugging while connected to the computer. You can also select to always allow access on that computer

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85