Anyone else having trouble when transferring files from a Pixel 2 to your PC? I have had this problem a number of times.

It seems when I try to move/cut the photos from the Android to the PC it fails with one of two errors, either "Unknown Failure" or "Catastrophic Failure" during the transfer and none of the files are removed from the Android folder.

If you copy instead of moving the files it works with no error but then when you try to delete the files/photos from your DCIM folder on the Android you receive an error "could not be deleted. The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected". If you open the Photos App from your phone, the photos don't appear. Restart the device and the photos no longer show in the browser.

I have read it can be the android file transfer application and also read that it could be the USB type C cable.
    12-06-2017 07:31 PM
    Anyone else having trouble when transferring files from a Pixel 2 to your PC? I have had this problem a number of times.

It seems when I try to move/cut the photos from the Android to the PC it fails with one of two errors, either "Unknown Failure" or "Catastrophic Failure" during the transfer and none of the files are removed from the Android folder.

If you copy instead of moving the files it works with no error but then when you try to delete the files/photos from your DCIM folder on the Android you receive an error "could not be deleted. The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected". If you open the Photos App from your phone, the photos don't appear. Restart the device and the photos no longer show in the browser.

I have read it can be the android file transfer application and also read that it could be the USB type C cable.
    I'll let you know once my USB-C legacy cables arrive (tomorrow.)

What happens if you go to your Google Photos account on your PC and try to remove photos?
    12-07-2017 08:36 AM
    If I'm understanding correctly, Android File Transfer is for Mac OS
    https://www.android.com/filetransfer/

The article below has suggestions for how to transfer files for Pixel and Windows or Mac OS
    https://support.google.com/pixelphon.../2840804?hl=en
    12-07-2017 09:51 PM
    Update to my original message.

The transfer DOES NOT always work when copying instead of cutting/moving. This time i ran into the error multiple times with different cables and after restarting the PC and the phone. The DCIM folder contains photos and folders for each picture that is shot in portrait mode.

I selected just the photos and NOT the folders and it worked. I then selected the folders and that worked. Go figure.
    12-12-2017 08:35 PM
    I have no issues transferring photos from phone to PC or vice versa via a USB cable.
    12-12-2017 10:13 PM