Calling all Pixel 2 Users - Google needs your feedback!

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL users (or future users)! Wanted to post this up real quick as it came to us direct from Google User Studies. It would mean a lot to us here at AC if you would take a look and follow the link below. Your feedback will help shape future Google products and services! Thanks in advance!

======

Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL owners or future buyers, Google wants to hear from you! Help shape Google products and services with your feedback by participating in future user research studies. Selected participants will also receive a thank you for their participation, such as a Visa gift card.

Sign up is quick and easy, click here: https://userresearch.google.com/?re...nDate=dec17&labelTag=0&referral_code=Af455384 and complete the basic information section of your profile questionnaire—you’ll receive a confirmation email when done. You’re free to continue filling out the form at any time. Your completed questionnaire will help select the right participant.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Schweet! That was a long questionnaire, but having participated in Google UX studies in the past, I can say that it's worth it!

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
I got this:

Hello Bill ,

You've successfully registered to receive invitations to participate in Google User Experience Research studies at: xxx@zz

regards,
The Google User Experience Research Team

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I got this:

Hello Bill ,

You've successfully registered to receive invitations to participate in Google User Experience Research studies at: xxx@zz

regards,
The Google User Experience Research Team
Yeah that's what I got that's what I was referring to

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Maybe being a little paranoid, but it seems shady. First of, didn't click the link so I'm only going by what y'all have said, but asking that much info pre survey? And a promise of a Visa gift card? Google could afford it, but I wouldn't think they'd have to offer it to get responses. Just my thoughts, good luck to all that are willing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Maybe being a little paranoid, but it seems shady. First of, didn't click the link so I'm only going by what y'all have said, but asking that much info pre survey? And a promise of a Visa gift card? Google could afford it, but I wouldn't think they'd have to offer it to get responses. Just my thoughts, good luck to all that are willing.

I've done a number of Google UX studies, and that's how they do it. I would guess that the presurvey is to figure out who would be good study subjects for a given service. So if you answered that you use Google+ a lot, they might contact you for a study about improvements they're working on (which I've done before). If you never use it, they know not to put you on that list.

And yes, every time I completed a study, I got a $100 gift card (sometimes more), through Google's Perks Rewards program.

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

I too have done a ton of these. I've been to Mountain View and Google's SF Office for follow ups, and can assure you it's legit. I've seen/tested beta software and was even asked to test hardware for them as a result (Project Jaquard). I have another appointment this week as a matter of fact!

One thing I wish they would do is save my answers so I don't have to repeat my answers for every new project survey. It's a huge PITA.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

It is legit. Not some random person impersonating Google.

sselemanrm

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site
Way too much information collecting. I went through like 10 pages and I still wasn't done and had to go somewhere. I feel uncomfortable giving them that much information tbqh.. And all for what.. some random *** 1, 100,000 random *** prize? I'm literally give them personal information and services I use. Hella shady

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38