09-19-2018 09:14 PM
53 123
tools
    Hey Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL users (or future users)! Wanted to post this up real quick as it came to us direct from Google User Studies. It would mean a lot to us here at AC if you would take a look and follow the link below. Your feedback will help shape future Google products and services! Thanks in advance!

======

Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL owners or future buyers, Google wants to hear from you! Help shape Google products and services with your feedback by participating in future user research studies. Selected participants will also receive a thank you for their participation, such as a Visa gift card.

Sign up is quick and easy, click here: https://userresearch.google.com/?res..._code=Af455384 and complete the basic information section of your profile questionnaire—you’ll receive a confirmation email when done. You’re free to continue filling out the form at any time. Your completed questionnaire will help select the right participant.
    12-08-2017 01:26 PM
    thanks a lot! I participated.
    12-08-2017 02:08 PM
    Schweet! That was a long questionnaire, but having participated in Google UX studies in the past, I can say that it's worth it!
    Almeuit, jsarino and D1andOnlyOmen like this.
    12-08-2017 02:26 PM
    Schweet! That was a long questionnaire, but having participated in Google UX studies in the past, I can say that it's worth it!
    Yeah I just got done. Man that was long haha but done .
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-08-2017 02:27 PM
    Yep me too, if Google didn't know everything about me they do now
    D1andOnlyOmen likes this.
    12-08-2017 02:34 PM
    12-08-2017 02:42 PM
    Yep me too, if Google didn't know everything about me they do now
    Ain't that the truth....
    12-08-2017 03:08 PM
    I completed the survey. Holy cow-a-bunga that was long..
    12-08-2017 04:30 PM
    Did anybody get thank you, will send you an email for addition surveys to complete
    12-08-2017 04:45 PM
    I got this:

Hello Bill ,

You've successfully registered to receive invitations to participate in Google User Experience Research studies at: xxx@zz

regards,
    The Google User Experience Research Team
    12-08-2017 04:55 PM
    I got this:

Hello Bill ,

You've successfully registered to receive invitations to participate in Google User Experience Research studies at: xxx@zz

regards,
    The Google User Experience Research Team
    Yeah that's what I got that's what I was referring to
    12-08-2017 04:58 PM
    Man, that long one. It's worth it though.
    12-08-2017 05:38 PM
    Wowsers! the NSA ain't got nothing on google
    Ca_lvn, TeamSeven and fabulas like this.
    12-08-2017 07:23 PM
    Wow , that was an extensive survey
    12-09-2017 09:02 AM
    Longer than expected, but hey I got to enjoy my coffee while completing it...
    12-09-2017 11:28 AM
    Maybe being a little paranoid, but it seems shady. First of, didn't click the link so I'm only going by what y'all have said, but asking that much info pre survey? And a promise of a Visa gift card? Google could afford it, but I wouldn't think they'd have to offer it to get responses. Just my thoughts, good luck to all that are willing.
    12-10-2017 02:33 AM
    Maybe being a little paranoid, but it seems shady. First of, didn't click the link so I'm only going by what y'all have said, but asking that much info pre survey? And a promise of a Visa gift card? Google could afford it, but I wouldn't think they'd have to offer it to get responses. Just my thoughts, good luck to all that are willing.
    I've done a number of Google UX studies, and that's how they do it. I would guess that the presurvey is to figure out who would be good study subjects for a given service. So if you answered that you use Google+ a lot, they might contact you for a study about improvements they're working on (which I've done before). If you never use it, they know not to put you on that list.

And yes, every time I completed a study, I got a $100 gift card (sometimes more), through Google's Perks Rewards program.
    Ca_lvn likes this.
    12-10-2017 05:40 PM
    I too have done a ton of these. I've been to Mountain View and Google's SF Office for follow ups, and can assure you it's legit. I've seen/tested beta software and was even asked to test hardware for them as a result (Project Jaquard). I have another appointment this week as a matter of fact!

One thing I wish they would do is save my answers so I don't have to repeat my answers for every new project survey. It's a huge PITA.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-10-2017 07:11 PM
    It is legit. Not some random person impersonating Google.
    raqball likes this.
    12-11-2017 12:01 PM
    Way too much information collecting. I went through like 10 pages and I still wasn't done and had to go somewhere. I feel uncomfortable giving them that much information tbqh.. And all for what.. some random *** 1, 100,000 random *** prize? I'm literally give them personal information and services I use. Hella shady
    12-11-2017 05:40 PM
    Way too much information collecting. I went through like 10 pages and I still wasn't done and had to go somewhere. I feel uncomfortable giving them that much information tbqh.. And all for what.. some random *** 1, 100,000 random *** prize? I'm literally give them personal information and services I use. Hella shady
    If you aren't comfortable with it then simply don't fill it out. Easy fix .
    billchat and DMP89145 like this.
    12-12-2017 01:52 PM
    They're asking you about how you use various Google services -- not about personal habits. And I think the number of questions asked depended on how many Google services you mentioned that you've used. If you only said you use YouTube, then you probably would've gotten much fewer questions (but then again, you'd have less chance of being asked to participate in the study, since they want to get input from people who are familiar with the various services). I think I only left a few of the checkboxes blank in the initial question about which services I've tried, so my questionnaire was pretty long.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    12-12-2017 04:59 PM
    That took forever, but done!
    DMP89145 likes this.
    12-13-2017 03:37 AM
    I love the fact that after all the Google and tech questions, it finished with "Have you experienced an earthquake or tornado in the past 12 months?" - How random!
    DMP89145 likes this.
    12-13-2017 04:11 PM
    I love the fact that after all the Google and tech questions, it finished with "Have you experienced an earthquake or tornado in the past 12 months?" - How random!
    Weird! Maybe it wanted to know if you interacted with any emergency alerts through Google. They might be looking for ways to improve that service as well.
    12-13-2017 11:10 PM
53 123